Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Holiday Weekend Update

We had a fun holiday weekend! Kind of laid back and not a lot going on...but still fun family time.  

Taylor spent much of the weekend babysitting, which works out great for her since she has decided to start saving money to buy a car when she turns 16.  Scott and I decided to avoid the dinner crowds and he took me to lunch at my favorite-- Red Lobster!  I had my favorite Coconut Shrimp and Clam Chowder. 

 We all had our fill of chocolate and the girls each got a plush valentine buddy! (I kept meaning to take a picture but they never happened!)  Most of the weekend was spent watching some of our favorite movies: Dances with Wolves, Lord of the Rings, the Matrix Trilogy (shhh!) and Space Buddies.  That last was mainly a concession to Shaylie. 

Scott and Taylor hit a couple of soccer games.  They watched the team that Taylor is trying out for...the Dixie Dragons. They were playing in a tournament, which they won!  Good to know...hopefully Taylor will be able to add to their winning tradition.  Shaylie is going to play soccer this year again too!  She has decided that she is good at sports.  I hope she it right.  Scott wants to coach her team and I think they will have fun. 

We are waiting patiently for warmer weather.  Usually, President's Day marks the beginning of my favorite time of year.  I love the rain, but I'd like some sunshine and rainbows too.  We'll have hot summer days before we know it and I really love the spring down this way!  The trees do have blossom buds on them, so it won't be far off.

Spring Break is only three weeks away!  I am DETERMINED to do something fun.  We'll see.  My planning doesn't usually pay off, but I can't help trying.  Of course, part of my planning has to include the Twilight DVD release....and maybe some camping. It can be a dry run for my Camp Director duties.  Stay tuned to hear what we decide.  Love to all!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I too LOVE movies. I really want to do the Back to the Future Marathon! It's fun to remind yourselves of the movies you love..and ya, can't wait for Twilight tomorrow and our Twilight new release party. IT will be soooo much fun! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time. Romance must find its way to Red Lobster, that is where Pam & I went for our Valentine lunch, on Fri to avoid the crowds. And then we went to Iggy's on Sat anyway. Luckily we walked in and sat down, good timing. (Did the girls get their valentines?) I think that we are going to have a stay at home DVD glut this weekend. I want to see the original Star Wars trilogy back-to-back.

    We went to Mall Cop the previous weekend and enjoyed it. Nothing like a little (lot) of slapstick when you are in the right mood.

    Tell everyone Hi and give them hugs & kisses from Papa & Gramma Pam

    ReplyDelete