Friday, July 24, 2009

Jesienouski Family Dominance continues...

winnerFor the third year in a row, a Jesienouski is standing at the top of the winner's stand in the annual Holden 24th of July Water Rocket Competition.  For much of the competition, Shaylie was leading with a launch of 282'.  The next closest was only 260' with everyone else under 200'.  Then Taylor came up and her rocket set a competition record of FOUR HUNDRED TWELVE FEET!  No one had ever gone over 390 ever!  It was great to see my daughter's do so well.

The 24th is probably my favorite holiday.  The entire town of Holden shows up for the Children's Parade and then the town puts on a free breakfast at the park.  They have omelets, pancakes, scones, biscuits and gravy, eggs and bacon and sausage, and other stuff.  It is so great!  Then they have children's races and then sack races that Tonya and I did (but not so well) and then the rocket competition.  All in all, a very fun day!

therocketeersEven Shaylie was able to have a twinkle in her eye in defeat!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, HAPPY 24th, My gosh TaYLOR that was a great rocket, you guys are getting great at building those things. Sounds like a fun day. I went out this mornings on some errands, then GlaDYS AND I went out to lunch and just visited till three or so. Then I came home, stopped at the Farmers Market, got some corn and a watermelon. I have tomorrow off also so that will be nice,will get to the libarary and do a couple things I didn't get done today.
    Take care and Love to you four. XX For the girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I don't get appreciatted grandma?

    ReplyDelete