Sunday, June 16, 2002

Summer Fun!

Well, we have been having a fun summer down here. Taylor just finished up two weeks worth of swimming lessons. By the end, she was jumping off the diving board into 8 ft. deep water. And swimming the entire length of the pool. She has been swimming almost every day for two weeks. If not at lessons, then at the gym where Scott and I work out.

Shaylie has really wanted to get in as well, so on Friday we took the whole family to the Big Swimming Pool. Shaylie had a blast, but she is far too fearless of the water. She doesn't ever want anybody to hold on to her, but whenever she struggles free from us, she goes under, of course. I think she is a water baby, just like her sister.

We'd like to have a swimming pool in the backyard, but I have been hesitant to get one this year because of Shaylie. I am afraid that she would not be safe with that around. But it is getting quite hot and the only way to cool off is to get wet. With the drought, we are trying not to run the sprinklers so much, so we'll have to come up with a plan.

Scott and I are still working out at the gym, although, I took most of last week off, because of the shot they gave me on Monday. I don't think it helped much, and in fact, it hurt worse for about 5 days, but they say that is normal. I don't know what is normal anymore. I am just so tired of it. I think the workout is helping the most of all the treatments I've had. So I'm going to keep it up! If nothing else, I'll be in great shape with a lame back.

Happy Father's Day to Scott! You are a terrific dad to our girls and we love you so much!

Happy Father's Day to the Grandpa's as well! We love you too!

Well, I'm sorry we haven't kept up on the pictures lately. We have oodles to put on, but they take so much editing to get them ready for the internet that it is hard to find time to do it. But I will get some on for sure, in the next little while. We have some great ones of the trip we took to the zoo, while visiting GrMama J's house. Keep checking.

Love you all! Thanks for reading our pages, and write to us when you can!

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning, Loved the pictures, keep them coming. I can't believe Taylor and her swimming, she will have to teach Grmama J. to be braver. I can see Shaylie, not wanting to have anyone hold on to her, maybe invest in a life jacket for her and then you wouldn't have to worry about her so much. Then you could have a good time to without being afraid. They both like the water like their Dad did at that age.
    I've got a meeting up here this morning, darn meeting's, if they accomplish something you wouldn't mind but they never do.
    I had a good time on Sunday with u. Jim's up at pine view. The kids were also there and Jim and Jan. U. Jim has a nice boat, big, was so peaceful just to anchor down and the kids swam and they we just slowly drove around the lake, had our lunch. I was home by six, tired but was such a nice Sunday.
    Take care, my dears, I love you four more than you know. Keep safe. Love Ya Mom J. XXXX for my girls. Grmama J.

    ReplyDelete