Thursday, September 5, 2002

People are funny

I love some of the people I work with. I just got a call about a computer problem, I asked her to find her ip address, this is something that I have shown everyone how to do. She says "How do I do that?" I told her that there is a white square next to her clock the screen. She asks me "what does the clock look like?" I tell her it is in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. She can't see it. So I ask her to find the start button, she does, I tell her to look straight across from the start button to the right side of the screen for the clock. Still can't find it. In a last ditch effort, I ask her if there is anywhere on the screen that is telling her the time. She says the time is in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Next we move over and find the white icon. Once she got me her ip address, I fixed her problem in about 5 seconds. I love my job!

4 comments:

  1. Now now, I can't find mine either.
    Hope everyone is doing better.
    I need to come down and perm Tay's hair sometime....let me know when all's well.....love to all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I grew up in a different generation. In my generation, clock's are devices that tell time, people are telling me that clocks are things with numbers and hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There isn't a clock on my screen. (just digital numbers.) And what is an ip?
    Love you all....Keep smiling...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning, So glad to hear that the girls liked everything from Salt Lake including the big box, Heh Taylor, your Dad loved boxes to, you have him tell you about the one his Grandpa D. made for him one time we were visiting.
    So sad to hear everyone is sick, get better soon. Say I can't find the clock on my computor either, Ha .
    I'm going to the monastary up at Huntsville today with the group from church. Hope this finds things going ok and everyone feeling better.
    Take care, be safe and Love you four much!! Love and Prayers, Mom J. XXXX For my girls!

    ReplyDelete