Sunday, July 18, 2004

Camp was Great!

We are back from camp and we had a terrific time! It was beautiful in the Park City mountains. The camp was set on a mountain with cabins at the top, lodge in the middle and lake down below. It was

More....


a lot of exercise but it was worth it. We were on our own most of the time, the camp gave us a schedule with different options for each session so we could just choose what we wanted to do each hour. Our favorite part was probably the lake...we were able to go canoeing, and fun-oeing (?...the little yellow boats), and swim in the dock area. Taylor missed the instructions on parking the canoe though and when we pulled up to the beach she just hopped out and guess who got dumped in the lake! But it was fun...and a good memory.

We also got to do a lot of fun arts and crafts, painting, hiking, and meeting new people. Taylor as usual was at the head of the class...I was always looking for her because she was always off to the next activity or volunteering for the next project. She was even the star of our Princess Skit! They fed us well, both meals and snacks (Girl Scout cookies, of course) and we really had a good time!

Our only complaint (the moms anyway) is that they didn't tell us we would have so much unscheduled time in our cabins...we would have brought some books or games to keep the girls from bouncing off the walls, but next year we'll know better. We were desperate the second night so we went down to Stephanie and Shaylee's van to watch Parent Trap on their DVD player. We didn't watch the whole thing, because Taylor kept worrying that they were looking for us and that we would get in trouble for being out of bed after "lights out"-- we wouldn't, but we headed back anyway.

Next year, I think I will send Taylor by herself. She was so confident and she hardly needed me at all. I think she would love being there on her own, or with her friend Shaylie (although Shaylee's mom doesn't know if she would make it). Or the family camp would be fun, too. Scott and Shaylie would have a great time, too. I know we did.

Thank you Grandma J! We love and appreciate everything you do for us!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, So glad to hear that you two had a great time camping, sounds fun. I think the family one sounds great also. How did Shaylie make out, I bet she was glad to see her mom and her sister. I leave tonite to go to Seattle, I'm excited, anxious to get away for a few days. Mom fell on Monday, Iwas worried I would have to cancel but she is doing better and Jerry should be able to check on her and etc. She was down where she shouldn't have been.
    If something happens that you need me Mom has the numbers where I will be, I will be back on Tuesday nite. You guys take care, be safe and My Love and Prayers, Mom J. XX For my girls!

    ReplyDelete