Thursday, July 1, 2004

A busy week

We had a pretty busy week. Tuesday was the last practice of the season and you should have seen Taylor hit. She was hitting it a mile! :) After practice, Taylor and I printed out all the baseball cards and pictures. They turned out really nice.

Wednesday, Tonya had a PTA meeting. Right after that, we had our last game of the season. We had 8 players, the other team had 15! Early on, one of my kids asked if we were winning, I told him that it was unlikely since they had twice as many players. He said, "If we get them all out, they won't win right?" I said yes, and it became his mission in life to get everyone out. For a while, no one got past second base; it was pretty fun to watch. (In the end, we actually did win, but who cares, it was fun)

In the last inning, every single player on my team got a hit, that was great :) Taylor was a little sad, because her hits didn't travel as far as they had in practice.

I gave all the kids their pictures, and then had them sign a set of cards for me. A couple of the kids (and parents) got together, and gave me a bat and ball with all the kids' names signed on it. Baseball was very fun this year. I'm going to miss it next year.

Right after that, I had to race to elder's quorum meeting, which I was a half-hour late for :P

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!
    Did you guys go out of town for the 4th??? I got my ticket to go to Seattle, will go the eve of the 22nd and come home on the eve of the 27th, I'm excited.
    Then I want to come for Shaylie's birthday if that is ok. Four years old hard to believe. When does school start for Taylor, mid August if I remember right from last year.
    Can you believe I get tomorrow off, usually, we just took holidays as they came even if they fell on work days. Boy, have we got people moving, hard to rent also, to expensive I think.
    Wish I was closer so I could have come and sat in the pool, I'm hot.
    We went to ten o'clock mass and then out to breakfast with Andrew and Gladys, Mom even went. I think we will go and have a sandwich for supper. To lazy to cook today. :P
    Sounds like the baseball season went great, alot of fun HUH.
    Well, my dears, no big news, havn't done anything just work. Take care, be safe and My Love and Prayers, Mom J. XX For my girls

    ReplyDelete