Sunday, August 12, 2007

Big Week Behind, Big Week Ahead

Last week, Scott and I celebrated our 15th Aniversary!  We also registered Taylor for 6th grade, found out her schedule, and met all her teachers at Back-to-School night.  We also found out that Shaylie will be in Mrs. Nelson's 2nd grade class and her best friend Jade will be there too.  And, Scott took his train modules over to the County Fair to promote the new Science Center that is being planned.  He spent all day running trains and answering questions.

With all the comings and goings, Scott and I didn't get to go out until Friday night.  We went to Texas Road House and saw Bourne Ultimatum.  Both were really good.  Taylor is really excited about classes now that she's had a chance to meet all her teachers and get some information about the year. (Maybe a little TOO excited.) Shaylie got to meet her teacher too and see her classroom.  It should be a good year...

...which brings us to the week ahead.  School starts on Wednesday.  Shaylie's birthday is Tuesday, though we aren't doing too much celebrating until the weekend.  I will take treats to school on the first day, as this has become somewhat of a tradition.   Then, on Saturday we have reserved the Washington City Pool for a party with friends and family. 

I am also expecting to hear from Dixie State College about an interview for the ETS job.  It's been almost a week and a half, so it can't be much longer. KOW.  I did have a dream that I didn't get the job. I was bummed.   Just in case, though, I also applied for a back-up job at Fossil Ridge in their Media Center.  Taylor has been praying that I DON'T get this job.  I don't get it...two years ago, it was cool that I worked in the computer lab..now she has to pretend she doesn't know me...Things sure change when the kid turns into a teenager.

Whatever the case may be, I'm sure we'll have more news for you next week.  Assuming there is a you...I'm still not convinced that anyone reads this blog anymore anyway.  If YOU do, then you might consider leaving a note or something.

2 comments:

  1. here is a note - I read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, So glad to see the pictures of the girls getting ready for school. I'm sure everything will be great for you Taylor at your new school, you looked so nice for the first day, cute outfit. Hope Shaylie got her package???? Good Days in school and Happy Birthday Shaylie. Love you guys , Mom J.

    ReplyDelete