Monday, December 29, 2008

Zen and the Art of Fridge Repair

If I were a pessimist, which I'm not and I know this because I live with one and I definitely recognize the difference, I would have titled this post The Universe Strikes Back!  Instead, I've decided to take a more philsophical approach which leads me to say that the Universe is seeking balance after the amazing amount of goodness and fun we have been having over the Christmas Break.  I suppose having a Refrigerator-sized doorstop is a small price to pay for our good fortune, but we'll have to be more careful in the future about throwing the Karmic Balance out of whack.  And meditation...lots of mediatation.

Joking aside, I really don't think the world keeps a score card.  I just think bad things happen sometimes.  I was just reading a bit of wisdom on a friends blog that said, "Sometimes life isn't about lessons, it's about experiences."  This might have been an ordinary run-of-the-mill Christmas, but now we can always say, "Remember the year our fridge broke...and we lived off our food storage & Hershey kisses for a couple days...and wasn't it fun to keep our milk and eggs outside in the cold, cold temperatures....and we had our food spread around the neighborhood and at the church...Remember?"  Sure, we have to foot the bill for repairs, but maybe that just makes me more appreciative of the things that do work...like the heat, my car, my kids occasionally.  Anyway. 

I'm looking forward to a new beginning with the start of the 2009! I'm working on resolutions which I'm sure I'll post soon!  May the Universe bring us all peace and prosperity for the New Year! Ohm!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

    We love all of the updates, stories, "experiences", etc. Keep posting for this next year. Thanks for the wonderful time that we had just before Christmas. We are already looking forward to seeing you all soon.

    Love, Dad & Pam

    ReplyDelete