Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Man

Scott is having a really hard time at work lately...and it's rubbing off on other areas too!  His workload is increasing daily, the inefficiency of his department is astounding, and his bike just broke this morning. I just wanted to make my feelings known on the subject of my husband and let him know how much I love him.

1) Scott is an amazingly hard worker.  He will do everything expected of him and then some.  He always does what he can to do it right the first time and if given the proper tools, knowledge and opportunity will completely blow everyone away with his skills.

2) Scott is a great dad! There is nothing that Scott wouldn't do for his girls.  He attends every school meeting, every game, every performance.  He shares many of his interests with the girls and they love to spend time with their dad.  His favorite place is home...even though a house full of girls isn't the easiest thing to put up with.

3) Scott is fun! He always makes us laugh with his wit and corny sense of humor.  He has a childlike joy about things like trains, sports, and cartoons which further endears him to his children and makes everyone around him feel young again.  He loves spending time with his Train Buddies...many of whom depend on Scott and the other Train Club guys for their only companionship.  He has made lasting life-long friends through his passions. 

4) Scott is a wonderful husband.  Scott and I have always been a perfect fit.  He is always patient with me, slow to anger, forgiving, helpful, and loving.  He puts up with my ever changing moods, my broken body, my many projects and activities.  He is supportive and encouraging.  He provides me and the girls with everything that we could ever need and most everything we want.  He does dishes, takes out the trash, does his own laundry, and occasionally cooks!!!

5) Scott is a good, honorable, righteous man.  He wants to be the best that he can.  He recognizes his weaknesses and really works on making them strengths. He honors his priesthood.  He expects the best from his family and others and himself.  He chooses to live to a higher standard and I admire him for that.

These are just a few of the reasons why I love Scott! He is the best part of my life and my best friend!  I am sad that he is having a hard time lately, but I hope that this will be a reminder of some of the good things he has going for him.  If you have others, please post them here.  He could use the boost!

5 comments:

  1. He's always happy, slow to anger, never finds fault in other's job performance or intelligence, likes everyone, and most importantly, never holds a grudge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I said...except for the always happy, never finds fault, likes everyone and holding a grudge part! Love ya, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is the best son- in-law I have. (I would say that even if he wasn't the only one).
    The bike was supposed to fixed after the crash. Is it part of the accident? I would take it back if it is. Everyone I know is impatient at this tiime of year. Sad but true. seems like at my work too lately.... Try to buck up young camper.....you could be my age:) Grmama Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Scott, I can't even begin to tell you how proud your Dad and I was of you. From the day we went and picked you up in Fargo to this very day, I admit we have had some ups and downs but that is life and being a family. Nothing is ever perfect. But you are the best, I've always said you are the best husband and father and take such good care of your family. We all get down, I remember the day you broke your leg at school I had said to Dad , it was a bad time right at Christmas and nothing was going good. "If another thing happens I think I will lose my mind" and we got a call from the school and you were hurt. We got through those times Hon and came out laughing.
    We all get down at times, and know it is tough sometimes at work, every job has its up and downs but we have to think right now we are lucky to have a job.
    Get your bike fixed and I will help out on paying for it when I come down,you need that bike because that is so good for you to ride and you have to take care of yourself. You know and I know stress is not the best thing for your diabetes. So hang in their my sweetie and days will be better. Love you much and will see you soon
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott,
    Pam & I are truely blessed to know you and to have you be the husband to Tonya and father to Taylor and Shaylie. Your commitment to them is amazing.

    Here are two things (of many) that I admire about you. Your love of your daughters, shown in one way by telling them incredible bedtime stories which included them in the storyline, and by taking them (with cousins and friends) to go do kid's stuff when all of the adults are going off to do other things. Your children will always remember and cherish those times and share them with their children.

    Secondly, I admire the fervor of your passions, whether it be trains, bikes, cartoons or whatever, you have the most incredible ability to throw yourself whole-heartedly into the endeavor. I admire and am jealous of your ability to enjoy life.

    Build on your strengths by embracing the down times, finding the joy of life which is so bright in you and incorporating the frustrations into the next joyous mania.

    We love you and wish you the best in all things. Roger and Pam

    ReplyDelete