Friday, April 24, 2009

Taylor's Birthday Weekend

It is hard for me to believe that my little girl is turning 13 on Sunday! An actual teenager...and she's already so good at it! We are throwing a big bash for her and some friends tonight. Well, a party anyway... We are taking her to the Mall for a scavenger hunt and then to the movie: 17 again. She's already seen it and loved it enough to take all her friends. Then, we plan to come back home for cake and presents. It should be a fun time.

Shaylie is staying over at Aunt Anissa's and tomorrow when she comes home we'll have a family bash. We might have some grandmas here too...we'll have to see.

Taylor is excited, I think. I'm sure they'll have a great time. I think she's growing up to be an amazing person. Here are some of my favorite things about my wonderful daughter:

  • I love her determination-she is a go-getter. Anything she decides to do, gets done. She is very driven and result oriented. From the time she was very small, she would decide she wanted to learn something--tie her shoe, whistle, blow a bubble, ride a bike, do a backbend, play an instrument--and she would never give up until she had mastered that goal.  What an amazing talent to have!

  • She is very responsible.  She has always been an incredibly independent girl.  I never have to remind her to get up, or get ready for school. She is very good at getting her homework and chores done and she almost always does whatever she is asked.  It's hard for us to remember sometimes that she is still just a kid..for a couple more days at least!

  • She is very musical.  I love hearing Taylor sing, play the piano, play her flute, the guitar, the piccolo...even the trumpet, though she needs some practice on that..lol.  She brings such a wonderful spirit to her home with her ability. 

  • She is a great friend.  Taylor has always gone out of her way to be a friend to everyone around her.  She won't believe that this is true-but I know she is admired by so many of her classmates and the people who know her. Whenever we see her around her friends, it always makes me smile to see how many people know her by name and smile and say HI or wave.  It gives me a warm feeling to know she is kind to everyone she meets. 

  • Taylor is beautiful, inside and out!  She has such a smile!!!  When Taylor is happy the whole world lights up.  Her laugh is contagious and we hear it often.  I know Taylor feels the ugly duckling sometimes, but in my eyes there is no one more beautiful and amazing in this world...if I had one wish for her, it would be that she could see herself through the eyes of those that love her. 

  • She has an unusually mature ability to snap herself out of a bad mood.  I think this is a gift.  If ever Taylor is having a bad day, it shows..just like it does with everyone...but Taylor can get over it so quickly.  It's like she just decides to be happy, and she does it.  (See first bullet.) She is a great example to me, since I'm a little slower to cool off.  :)

  • Taylor is a girl with much faith and a strong testimony.  She is so much stronger than I was at her age.  She is a great example to our whole family of what it means to be a daughter of God.  I'm so proud of her for choosing to love her Savior and follow His plan for us.  She often shares her testimony with friends, and family and reminds all of us that faith is so important to our happiness. 


I could go on and on...but time is short and I still have lots of preparations to do.  We'll post some pics, and highlights soon!  Love you Tater Tot!  Have a terrific 13th birthday weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Papa & Gramma StrongApril 24, 2009 at 12:39 PM

    Taylor,
    Best wishes for a fantastic birthday. We are sorry that we will not be there to help you celebrate, but it looks like you are going to have a fantastic ongoing celebration!! Please watch the mail for your present.

    We just wanted to say that your Mother understated how much we all love you and how incredible that we think you are. You amaze and astound us on a regular basis. We are excited to watch the rest of your life unfold.

    Happy birthday from Papa & Gramma Strong

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Tay! You really are a sweet and special girl. We are so blessed to know you. Thanks for being such an example to us.

    Love,

    Melanie, Carter, Caden, Emery, Ella and Evey

    ReplyDelete