Thursday, December 10, 2009

New Modules for T-Trak

mountainWell, I have finally gotten back to work on modules for the T-Trak Modular Layout. These two modules allow us to change directions on the layout so now we can do things with the layout instead of just making an oval. The first one is a mountain with tunnels. The mountain lifts off to deal with possible derailments.  I made the trees a new way this time, I used Caspia for the trees, with green foam glued on.  I believe it looks really good and it wasn't that hard to make a whole bunch of trees, and it was quite cheap, made over a hundred trees for $17.00.  Lots cheaper than the normal trees I buy and a lot more realistic looking.

lakeThe next module is my lake module.  I like the sea serpent on my old layout so much that I had Tonya make me a new for the T-Trak layout.  Tonya made it so that it was looking back, so I put a little girl standing on the shoreline and it looks like the dragon is looking at her.  I have named the Dragon Susan after the character in Monsters vs. Aliens.   Again I used the new trees and used a quite a bit of Woodland Scenics Realistic Water in the lake.  Tonya painted the base of the lake to have a shoreline and look like it gets really deep.

serpent Here is a closeup of the little girl and the serpent. You can't see it in the picture, but I have three adults running away from where the girl is standing. Also, I put some dead trees around the lake to show that when there are not kids to eat, Susan goes around and eats the leaves off of trees. Also to the side you can see part of the dam. On the other side, it has two culverts where water is coming out, looks pretty neat, but the picture of it was blurry, so you will have to trust me.
togetherLastly, here is a picture of them together. With these two modules and their sister modules that James is building, we can have four trains running on their own tracks and the layout is shaped like a +. It was very popular at the last show we were at, and it is still very easy to move the layout and setup. Can't wait to put the big layout together again! Hopefully in January! BTW, if you didn't notice, you can click on the pictures to see a bigger version.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Scott, I loved your new module's and the way it looks, loved the dragon that was great, will you take that to the train show in January, looks good. See you soon. Love Ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Scott!!
    Each module just gets better and better. I love seeing the pictures because I am seeing them in "real" scale which I am not able to do when I look at the actual module. (Maybe you need a way to explore the layout with a camera showing the display on a large-screen?) Anyway, I am amazed at the incredible detail and the stories that are told with the modules. You are amazingly creative. Keep it up, I can't wait to see what is next.

    Roger

    ReplyDelete