Sunday, January 31, 2010

by Tonya--Let's see...What have we been up to?

We had a great birthday celebration for Scott the other night. I did not take any pictures...no surprise there. We were able to go out to dinner, thanks to IHOP's new HCG menu. We didn't have anything different that we would have done at home, but I didn't have to cook it, and Scott didn't have to clean it!!! That's worth it if you ask me. After dinner, we went out to the movie, 2012. Scott and I both had seen it before and judged it to be all right for the girls. Boy was I wrong! I'm sure if the other audience members could have taken a vote, I would be a shoe-in for the "What-Kind-of-Mother-Brings-Her-Very-Young-Sensitive-Child-to-This-Kind-Of-Movie? Award" The entire time Shaylie was crying and asking "Are they dead?" "Did those People die?" "Not the puppy!!!" I kept offering to take her home but she didn't want to leave Daddy on his special night. Instead, she opted to play video games under my jacket for a while, but eventually it was too much and she and I ended up sitting in the car waiting for Scott and Taylor to finish up. I learned a valuable lesson about the rating system that night. Scott had a good time regardless, opening presents...some accessories for his Drummel tool and train room stuff...his overalls and his beloved BNSF USB drive were also part of this day!

The girls are counting down the days to the next vacation. They are both doing well in school, but we all know that vacation is much more fun. Taylor is healing from her multiple injuries and is doing very well with her diet. She just finished Indoor Soccer (not her favorite) and is looking at a tournament in a couple weeks, as well as the spring season. Shaylie is having lots of fun at her Kung Fu class and is planning on competing at the Summer Games with her class. Her "Master" brought some neat uniforms that they will wear for that and for a parent exhibition. I'm so glad she is enjoying it so much!

Scott has been in full-throttle train mode these days with Shows, and Meetings, and working on his modules. Now he's in the planning stages of hosting a big show down here. I think it will be a lot of work, but he loves it so it won't seem like it!

As for me, I've been pretty low-key lately. Work is going well..I'm still enjoying it very much. The people I work with are wonderful and fun, which makes all the difference. I am ready to start down the School path again...I only need to find out if I'm in or not..then I'm ready and rearing to go! I should find out by the end of March, then classes begin in June.
The other thing that keeps me busy is Church and since our ward just split we are kind of in a hiatus. We are in a brand new ward, so all the callings are up for grabs. I'm very anxious to see where I will serve. I was already in Girls Camp Planning mode when the change was announced so now I'm just treading water, as we all are, until I can dig in again. I love serving the Lord and I just want to go where I can be of the most use.

So, nothing too crazy going on...just our normal lives. We are happy and, for the most part, staying out of trouble. If anything interesting happens and probably even if it doesn't, we'll be back with more updates soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Congratulations on being accepted for school Tonya. Sounds like you had a great birthday Scott, sorry about the movie Shaylie guess I won't go see that one if it scared you this Grandma probably wouldn't like it either. Glad to hear the classes are going great. Keep up the good work girls so proud of you both.
    Guess you must have gotton the birth copy Scott, I left a message on that number you gave me, guess you didn't get it. Going to Wendover tomorrow. Glayds and I. Love to you four. Mom J.

    ReplyDelete