Sunday, May 2, 2004

Baptism Weekend

This weekend was Taylor's baptism and confirmation. Friday Grandma J came down and we went to Mongolian Bar-Bee-Que and then went to the temple visitor's center. Grandma also gave Taylor a beautiful white dress. On Saturday, Grandma Dawn and Anissa and Anje and Great Grandparents came down. Taylor had a soccer game at 1:00 so we all went to that. The game went to a shootout and Taylor's team won. After that, we raced home, cut Taylor's hair and got her in the shower. Then we gave her all her baptism gifts. She received her scriptures, a tote bag, a beautiful "I am a child of God necklace" and baptism bracelet, and a journal.

The baptism went well. Great-Grandpa Heath and Shane Sabitis were the witnesses. I didn't forget the prayer and we did it right ON THE FIRST TRY!

Saturday was her confirmation, Tonya helped by writing out a prayer for me so that I would be able to do it well and remember everything that I wanted to say.

Taylor was very beautiful in her dress and was a very very good girl.

2 comments:

  1. :DWe had a really good time at the baptism....waiting for pictures however...Im wanting to show off the beautiful girls.....and Tays beautiful dress.Love Grandma Dawn
    I was so proud of Tay, she is growing to such a wonderful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got home ok, spent five hours Monday eve doing my rent checks.
    Had a great weekend, thanks so much, you were so beautiful Taylor, and Shaylie you are so cute.
    Please, put up some pictures so I can show off the girls to Grandma D. Can I print a picture of her in her dress so many have asked me about it from church because I showed them the dress that morning before I took off for St. George.
    You will never guess what happen to me, I got lost after dropping Taylor off at school, made a wrong turn somewhere. Then I got panic and scared, which I know is silly so had to talk myself out of that. I finally went by the dinisour tracks so then I knew where I was, it's funny now but not at the time. I was almost ready to call Tonya. :angry: :angry:
    Once again, thanks for everything, Shaylie, Thanks for letting me sleep in your bed.
    My Love and Prayers to you four. XX For my girls Mom J.

    ReplyDelete