Friday, February 25, 2005

Good week at WW!

I lost another 2 lbs. at WW this week! It wasn't as much as I hoped but I'd rather go down than up...which is what I have been doing. Part of the challenge is that I am trying all kinds of new recipes and foods. It is kind of fun to see what is good (Sweet Potato Fries) and what is not (Asparagus). Today I am trying a soy protein burger for lunch. I was told by a friend to prepare it like a patty melt with some low cal cheese and hummus. She said it was really good...so I will try and see. I didn't know what hummus was, we had to ask at our meeting, but she said it makes a good spread in place of mayo and other sauces...I figure even if I only lose 2 lbs. each week it will only take me about a year to lose all I want to and since it took me 13 years and 2 babies to put it on that is not all bad.

I talked to my principal about Anissa graduating this spring and she told me to bring her by...I was hoping she would be coming down sometime today, but I haven't heard...(Anissa: If you read this, call me and let me know.) Mrs. Turner didn't know if there would be a Kindergarten opening for sure, but she said they are adding another teacher to all of the grade levels, except for K. There will be some re-shuffling but she didn't know specifics yet. I think it would be great to have Anissa teaching at our school. I told Mrs. Turner that she would be an awesome teacher so I think she is excited to meet her.

Girl Scout cookies should arrive sometime after Feb.28th. We will try to get them delivered as soon as we can. Dad will be coming by that week on his way to AZ so we can get those delivered but I don't know when we can get them to the rest of you...we'll have to set up some appointments. ;)

Our stake is having a Family Dance tonight. We are excited to go! Scott and I haven't been dancing since college. Plus, we get to take the girls who don't even know what a dance is...It should be fun!

Lastly, but not least, we don't know exactly what is happening with Scott's job right now. The bill passed to create a new Dept. of Technology, which means either his job will be transfered to the new department and technically nothing really will change...or they will offer him a new Non-merit job with higher pay (this would be good, except they can fire anyone at anytime and we don't know how it affects retirment and other benefits.) Right now, we are in a wait and see phase. A word of caution: if you voted for Gov. Huntsman in the last election, don't tell us or we might do something drastic. We are also in the preparation phases of Scott possibly starting up his own PC Maintenance and Service business. We've picked a name: PC Redo and I've created a Logo and Letterhead. Everyone knows those are the MOST important things to do when starting a business. We're thinking part-time/supplemental right now, possibly more depending on how the state works out its mess.

Well, that is all the news that I can think of...The girls are both doing all right. They are missing everyone. I get asked at least once a day when will someone visit, or when will we visit someone. They are my social butterflies. I don't know where they get it from...

Love to you all! Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment