Friday, June 24, 2005

Unbelievable!

I am happy to say that our Tunex saga has come to an end...and what an end it has been. Scott posted that we were having our car towed, but it is the rest of the story that is almost unbelievable.

After I had called and talked to Mike to arrange for the pickup (and been reassured for the umpteenth time that there was nothing they could do), I thought it would be good if I could get the notes on the work from Tunex for the dealer to have so I called to ask Mike to just put them in the car. Mike, however, was not there; his wife answered the phone and passed me off to their son Jeff. Jeff took a look at the notes and I asked him to print them out and put them in the car. He told me that when I came in to pay that they would print out on the invoice.

Well, Mike had already told me that I wouldn't have to pay for anything. He said he "just doesn't do business this way." So, I explained this to Jeff and I could tell he wasn't very happy about it or that I was planning to take it to the dealer. He told me that they would overcharge and insist on using new parts and asked why I was doing this when he could fix it with used parts. (Imagine a look of pure shock and dismay on my face at this point!)

I couldn't believe that after 4 WEEKS and 5 minutes before the tow truck was coming that he would be telling me that my car could be repaired. I hung up the phone and went straight back to Tunex. I spend an hour and a half (approximately) telling them what I thought about the way they did business, listening to Jeff tell me how he doesn't think any car is "unfixable" and that Mike "in the office" doesn't always know what needs to be done on the cars. I was so ANGRY and FRUSTRATED that Mike had been telling me a completely different story that the Mom and Jeff offered to work on my car as a special project. Even offering to have it towed back to Tunex at their expense. "Mom" said she wanted to make it right with me. I could tell that she was very upset with the way that her husband had handled the whole thing. But it turned out that the son couldn't find a part in town either and so we would have had to try a nationwide search and I told them to forget it, we would just take it to the dealer. Which I should have been able to do after five days!!!!

I feel like, and I told them this, that Mike decided early on that he wouldn't be able to fix my car or I wouldn't be able to pay for it and was just humoring me until I decided to tow it off. I almost think he was hoping I would give up and leave it there for him to have. By the time it was all over, I felt like I said everything I wished to say to them about how upset and annoyed I was and I felt like they felt bad. Which is all I could ask for. My only regret was that Mike himself wasn't there to feel my fury...but I think he is in trouble with his wife, which actually might be worse.

So, Monday the dealer is looking at it and we will deal with the cost as it comes. I am just glad to be done with Tunex FOREVERMORE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment