Saturday, June 24, 2006

A Day at the Doctor

Taylor and I spent the morning at the doctor's office.  She has Swimmer's Ear. She's had it before so I recognized it again.  She has drops we have to put in several times a day...a pain med and an antibiotic....and one she has to put in before and after swimming to keep the infection from occurring again.  He didn't say anything about staying out of the water but he suggested that we put earplugs or putty in her ears to keep the water out.  Hopefully it won't put a damper on preparations for her next meet on Wednesday.

As for me, I have had a "fungus amungus" for a while now and the other day I caught my big toe on my carpet cleaner and ripped the whole thing off...it was hanging on by a toenail (hardee har) and today I had the doctor take it off for good.  He gave me an antibiotic and a Rx for Lamisil, but my insurance requires preauthorization on it before the pharmacy can fill it, so I guess I'll pick that up Monday.  It's hurting pretty good today, but no worse than when I ripped it off in the first place. 

I think we'll both survive and the best part is we don't have to go back...yay! At least until the next time....Love to everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Congratulations Taylor on your ribbons, wasn't surprised but so proud of you. I had to get stuff for my ears also when I took my lessons and when I would do my laps I wore ear plugs, it hurts and feels weird.
    I was looking at the swim schedule and seen that July l4 and July 15 you had mets, if it is ok I will come that weekend, will miss the 14 unless I come Thursday nite after work. Let me know if that will be ok.
    Going to a movie over at the church tonite so best get going, also tomorrow going out to Father Thuy's church for mass.
    Shaylie keep up the good work on swimming.
    What business are you going into Scott????
    Liked the picture of the wooden train. Take care and My Love and Prayers, Mom J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the drops handy. Silicone earplugs work pretty well for keeping the ear dry. The other thing that I have used for swimmers ear, if you don't have the eardrops handy is 3% hydrogen peroxide. It bubble pretty good and feels very wierd, but it will stop the infection before it gets painful.

    Congratulations on the ribbons, Taylor. We are very proud of you.

    Shaylie, keep up the lessons. Swimming is one of the best sports in the world!!

    Tonya, sorry about your toe. I hope this takes care of it.

    Love, hugs & kisses to everyone! Dad & Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well now we are coming Tuesday, for sure..Anissa helped me clean up the whole back yard. Took two days....
    We cut trees and tams and cleaned out all junk corners.
    So I am ready for the 4th pretty much. Aunt Pam is coming for the 4th.....I think I told you though.
    Talk to you later.....love you Mom

    ReplyDelete