Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Back from Vacation!

We're back from Lagoon! We had a great time.  We stayed at the Lagoon Campground. The girls were happy because we were at Lagoon and they got to go watch them test the rides before the park opened. Scott was happy because the train tracks were just across the street and whenever the train whistle blew he could run down and watch the trains.  I was happy because I got to see my family and I was sleeping on an air mattress at night. 

They had some new kid rides at Lagoon.  Shaylie was loving it, and of course, Taylor had a blast on everything else. She went on the Fire Dragon about 10 times and she tried out the Samurai, which she missed last year.  Shay also rode the Fire Dragon and the Screamer with me. We spent some time at Lagoon-A-Beach too.  The next day Scott had a meeting so we met up with my Dad and Pam at the Gateway and they took us to see CARS. It was pretty cute.  More for grown ups than for kids, but it was okay for them too.  We are very excited that they have decided to move to Orem.  We'll get to see them much more often I hope. 

We also got to stop in and see Grandma Rose for a minute.  She had a meeting and she didn't know we were coming so it wasn't a long visit, but that was all right because right after we left her house, Scott found out that his meeting started an hour earlier than he was told.  But that meant that he got out earlier too...so it worked out okay.

Taylor's first swim meet is tomorrow afternoon.  She was supposed to go back to the doctor for a follow-up with her arm, but she is fine, so I am cancelling.  I don't need to pay a doctor to tell me she is fine, when I know she is fine.  She is fine.

Shaylie started swim today and I was a little worried, since she missed the first two days and she was in a level higher than I thought she was.  She seemed to keep up with the other kids and by the end of class she was doing standing dives into the pool so I think she is going to be fine too.  

Tonight I am going to Peter Pan at Tuacahn with a friend of mine.  Her husband doesn't like plays so he is going to tend while she goes with some friends and family.  I was glad she thought to ask me...Taylor is going to see it in July with her Girl Scout troop and I wasn't sure I'd get the chance...If it is good, which I'm sure it will be, we'll have to take some of you when you come down to visit, which I'm sure you will.  Eventually.

Love to everyone...hope all is well and you are enjoying your summer! Thanks to everyone who helped to make our little vacation so much fun!  See you again soon!

4 comments:

  1. We had a great time with all of you. Shaylie, you are doing fantastic! I can't believe that you are diving already!! Wow, way to go. I really enjoyed the jokes. Keep learning them, it will be great to have someone to trade jokes with.

    Now we are looking forward to getting moved to Ut and then to spending a lot more time with everyone. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://grmamadawn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, "Happy Fathers Day Scott"
    Gladys and I went to Wendover on the bus. was a fun day, its a good get away, God knows I need a get away.
    Went to a lua, don't know how to spell it on Friday nite with the Vincentino's, so I went to all a dollar and got some lei's, just wore my short pants and shirt, was fun and so much good food.
    I was thinking about coming this weekend but Mom has a eye appointment on Friday so does Taylor have a met after the tenth of July, can't come during rent time.
    Great to hear that Roger and Pam are moving to Orem, is he retiring???
    Thanks for stopping even if it was short, so sorry that I had to take off. Thanks for the pictures my girls. Shaylie sounds like the lessons are going great, Taylor I know your swimming will go great.
    Glad you liked my new car Scott. Mom said she told you.
    \ Take care, be safe and My Love and Prayers, Mom J.
    I heard that the show Peter Pan is good also the Sound of Music is playing down there to this summer, that would be fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taylor's swim schedule is posted down below (or it might be in the archive now). She has a meet on the 14th of July down in Mesquite and on the 15th here in St. George. Or on the 19th and 20th here in St. George are the championships...

    ReplyDelete