Monday, June 5, 2006

Busy Past weekend

We had a whirlwind weekend.  Saturday morning at 6:00am, our ward had its 2nd annual (not bad considering the ward is barely a year old!) 5K run at Coral Cliffs Park.  Taylor and I decided to run it.  Only 10 people ran it (btw there was a lot of walking, it was a VERY hilly course), if you can say anyone won it, I came in first and Taylor came in second.  Then at 8:00, our ward had a huge pancakes and eggs breakfast at the park.  It was great.  After that, the bishopric got out the water balloons and we had a water balloon fight.  They brought out huge slings and were able to launch the balloons a few hundred feet.  Then everyone had a water fight.  It was a great morning.

 I then went over to James' house and helped him unload a pile of rock from his truck for his outdoor train set. He then lent me his N scale train set to run my train on, pictures coming later.

One of my neighbors that I home teach is really into trains (he is Taylor's age), so after I got the N scale set up, I invited him over.  We ran trains for a couple of hours, he really liked my setup (in fact, he dragged his dad over to see it the next night ;-))

Our old stake was reorganizing and so that meant that an apostle would be down for the conference, so at 7:00 on Saturday, I went over for the adult session.  The General Authorites were Elder Jones of the 5th Quorum of the Seventy (a good friend of thecurrent Stake President) and Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf of the Twelve Apostles.  It was very great to see and hear him speak.

 On Sunday, Tonya and I went to the 10:00am session of their stake conference to see who the new Stake President would be.  We got there at 9:00am and still had to sit 3/4 of the way back in the cultural hall! (Apostles and change are a great way to get people to show up for conference!)

Then at 2:30, we went to our normal ward,  Tonya and I teach Primary and we have 5 5 year old kids.   It is a really fun calling.  When we got home, we ate dinner and watched "Finding Nemo" as a family.  A pretty great weekend, all-in-all.

1 comment:

  1. Well, didn't make it down to St. George. We kept finding things to fix or clean around here. Anissa worked with me ( and without me) and the front yard looks good. I put all the 80 blocks down on the new patio, but anissa pointed out I would need more blocks and she was right about another 90 should do it. I have my conference on Thurs and Friday and Dad has his appt in Provo tomorrow and then the Lagoon thing Monday and then Anje and Bella the next week, I won't be coming down too soon. You'll hopefully be able to see the patio by next weekend. I bought the mortor and it is sitting out by the patio. It is supposed to rain Weds night so I have to get it done, so I don't have a repeat of the last mortor bag....
    Sorry I didn't make it down..Call me I have a story(more like a comment) that Lorna Stevens told me about when you and Scott were at church.....It's pretty good....Call when you have a minute..... Love you all hope your all having a fun summer so far. Love ya

    ReplyDelete