Saturday, December 8, 2007

Sorry for the Confusion

Hey Everybody!  Sorry I confused everyone about the New Years'/Christmas 2 issue.  I did email Dad at one point to say that Scott found out that he was getting time off but we were still worried that our car wouldn't make the trip.  We ultimately decided to play it safe and not risk the chance that our engine (or tires, or front fender, or heater) would fall off half way between here and Denver, so we won't be coming to Denver after all.

At this point, we've decided to uphold tradition in honor of the family and hold a big bash here at our house.  We're inviting any family who will be in the area and as many friends as we can fit.  Just bring a treat and a bottle of your favorite bubbly drink and you're in!  I think we'll do games and movies and have a great time a la the Strongs.  Maybe we could hook up some video via the Internet so we could check in.  We'll miss being part of the last great Christmas 2 tradition but we'll do our best to keep the New Year spirit alive!

We have been INCREDIBLY busy this month.  Between Primary, my new job, Scott's old job, the kids activities, and Christmas in general, we have had something going every minute and the next few weeks looks the same.  Today is one of the few days that we don't have something happening.  I might try dragging Scott out to go Shopping...only 2 weeks left although I'm sure the moolah will run out before time does. 

We had a very successful Toy Drive earlier this month.  We gathered a whole truckload of toys for Christmas.  The kids in our ward came to an activity where we cleaned up the newer used ones and sorted the new toys.  I was very proud of our children.  They did a great service project!  I think it so important to get kids thinking of giving at this time of year.  Mine, at least, find it hard to focus on anything other than what they're getting!  It's nice to do something for someone else.   In honor of my brother Bryan's Christmas wish, I donated $30.00 worth of new toys to our Drive, and I thank him for his generosity and for that of everyone who contributed.

Well, this has been a great long epistle.  I thought I better take the chance while I have a minute to get caught up on the blog it might be a while before I can get at it again!  Love to everyone! Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Thanks for the nice weekend, glad I came last week end and not this one, It rained almost all day yesterday and today has been snowing off and on. Was out to shovel and the snow is so heavy, full of water, getting to old to shovel anymore,feel it in my body. Tonite, going out to dinner and to the Messiah, so should be a fun time, I'm looking forward to it. Once again thanks for the "SMELLIE" present and the good weekend. Take care, be safe and My Love and Prayers, Mom J. xx For my girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya & All,

    I also want to apologize for pouring gas on a match. I went back and read your email and realized that you were just thinking about Denver. But after I went to bed, forgot the details, all I remembered was "The J's are going to Co!!!!!!!!!!!!" My enthusiastic optimism took over from there and I incorrectly reported to everyone that you were going, Sorry!

    Pam & I realized that we already had "Christmas 2 - The Finale" last year when everyone did make it and they all came to Papa's house in Orem. In retrospect, I can't think of a better way to end the first generation of Christmas 2. I also can't think of a better way to celebrate the tradition, than by multiplying it out through the family. If you all will attempt to be with family, extend your hospitality to friends and friends of friends, with the invitation to become part of the Strong extended family, this would be a great testimony to the history of love, companionship and celebration that has truely become a family tradition.

    Also, just reminding everyone of the 1st annual Strong Family Reunion this summer. Keep you calenders open in late July or early August, more details to come with warmer weather.

    We love you all and truely treasure every moment that we have spent with you all! Love, Papa & Gramma Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Tech Family,
    I keep lookiing for Taylors Dickens Festival Dance Video....
    I really would like to see her performance. If the tech people could please put it on the tech space ( her recital).......and any other things The grandma would want to see. The grmama would be very grateful.

    Love the Grmama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Grmama, her dance performance is the post previous to this one. I'm sure that it was an oversite that you missed it. ;)
    The Snarky Tech Administrator

    ReplyDelete