Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day!

It was nice to have a day off and a nice long weekend. I wish I wouldn't let myself be fooled by the weatherman though. I had thought about taking a trip out to Zion today, but then I watched the news and they said how today was supposed to be a stormy, awful day..even for us down south and so I put all thoughts of outdoor activities out of my head. It wasn't until about 3pm today when I realized that it had been a gorgeous day all day that I remembered my original plan. It would have been the perfect day to go...oh well, we had fun anyway.

The girls both got to play with friends, and I took Scott to see Kung Fu Panda at the dollar theater. I enjoyed that movie so much, I wanted to take him to see it. He liked it too even with the distraction of broken chairs and a jam-packed theater! We'll have to buy it, I think, when it comes out on DVD.

We are very excited for Shaylie's baptism this weekend! And Taylor is beginning piano lessons this Wednesday. Soccer games start Saturday and we signed BB (Scott and me) up for a Doggy Obedience class. So things are about to pick up around here! As if we weren't busy enough already! Plus, Taylor will also start Volleyball with her Church group too, when she has time.

I really can't believe how quickly this year has flown by...I know I've said this many times...but either I'm having big lapses in my memory or the days are just passing so quickly that they don't have time to make an impression! It is Sept. 1st already and before I can blink it will be Christmas...I've already started shopping for it, at any rate...just in case it sneaks up on me sooner rather than later.

And speaking of later...I'll see you then! TTFN...T:)

3 comments:

  1. I had plans to go up north and shop, but I spent all day waiting for my washer and dryer...It was worth it I've washed clothes in my own house.. yeaaaa me.......
    I'm so glad Tay is starting piano She is such a natural with all the instruments its unbelievable.....I wish I had to start some sport to get me moving .....I think i'll take the plunge and start the gym this week.
    I need to stretch.....Talked to Aunt Pam today, she said Afton had to go get the boys and was driving through Gustov ,Texas to Mobile Alabama where they (Afton and Pam) live now. There was also reports of Tormados forming in Mobile....I'd only heard that once.Talked to Pam and she said it was only raining a little at that time.
    Ill see you Friday...Ill call before and see where I am staying. If anyone else is coming..Let me know...Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am so excited to see you... I heard that you guys went to Puerto Rico... I hope you enjoyed yourselves but it appears you did... what a nice vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Good Morning, Went to the fair yesterday, Jerry and Terry had their goats out there, judging on Tuesday and Wednesday. Was fun hadn't been to the fair for years, drove out there and never got lost, They had passes so got the car and myself in free. Very expensive to just get in the place and park your car. I can't remember cows, sheep and pigs being that big when I was growing up. Was fun going through the barns, got to see the 4H stuff they do such good work. Good food.
    Been so busy around here, so tired by evening, crazy. I called SS to see what I would get, my gosh, I would have to live under the via dock so guess I will have to work till I can't anymore, thank god my health is ok and I can work. Alot to be thankful for alot of people don't have what I have had and do have, so I can;t complain.
    Glad to hear you are going to do piano, are you still going to keep up with your sax, You will do good on anything you play Taylor. Shaylie, I hope your special day was great, hope you got my note. Was thinking about you.
    My Love to all. Mom J.

    ReplyDelete