Wednesday, October 8, 2008

BYU...yay!

I went to a BYU conference for high school counselors today and came away with enough SWAG to make me a fan...I got three t-shirts, a tote bag and, best of all, I won two tickets to a BYU football game! 

I called Scott to tell him and he was only excited if the game day didn't interfere with Taylor's soccer schedule.  He's such a good dad!  Luckily, I don't think it does, so maybe we'll have a fun football trip in a few weeks. 

I actually would love it if one or both of the girls wanted to go to one of the BYUs, but it seems a bit difficult to get in...although surprisingly cheaper than you would think.   Taylor talks about going to SUU all the time, and if I ever get on at Dixie full-time, the kids could go there tuition free.  So we might have some options and none too soon...after all, it's only 5.5 years until Taylor goes to college!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shaylie has no opinion on the subject...yet...but I'm sure she will before long. 

Sorry, I have to go.  It just hit me that Taylor is graduating in 5 years and I feel sick...I'm going to lie down.

2 comments:

  1. College in 5 years ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I've still got kids in college, it can't be time for grandkids to go ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh maybe I better go lay down.

    Oh, but first: If BYU is in the plan, either football games or for college, there is free room and board and our place. That should help, but they will have to put up with me, but hanging out with Pam will probably make up for that. Anyway, come see us. Love Dad & Pam ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Loved the girls pictures, remember to keep some for Grandma J.
    I go and get my picture taken next Friday for our parish directory, nothing that I like anymore than to have my picture taken, ISH
    Blackberry looked like he was played out from chasing the balls, huh.
    Don't want to think of Taylor going to college in five years, that's scary.
    Went to a Halloween party at the vincintino's last nite, went to the thrift store and got a old dress, found a wig at Shopko, put mom's old straw hat on, my anklets with a pair of shoes and carried a old purse, some people didn't even recognize me. Was fun and a cheap outfit.
    Love to all! Give me a call sometime.
    Take care!!! Mom J.

    ReplyDelete