Saturday, August 8, 2009

Happy Anniversary

2009 Anniversary Trip


Click on collage to see bigger version!


Scott and I have been married 17 years today! I guess we are getting to be an old married couple:) To celebrate, we took a day trip to Cedar City and revisited Cascade Falls. This was the location of my would-be proposal but timing and weather thwarted all of Scott's plans...so we went back up a year later (after we were married) and he recreated his proposal for me. Today, we did the same thing. It was actually very fun and quite romantic.


It's such a beautiful place! It's an outlet for Navajo Lake just off Highway 14 in Cedar. Red rock, pine trees, and quakies everywhere. The trail was actually closed because parts had collapsed earlier, but all kinds of people were coming and going and they said it was safe enough, so we decided to chance it. And it was! We're glad we went.



We came down off the mountain and ate at Applebee's. I was pretty beat. (I do not recommend hiking on a 500 calorie a day diet!!!) I had my steak and broccoli and felt immensely better.

It was just fun to spend time one on one with my wonderful husband. Too often we get caught up in the craziness of life and forget to remember why we love each other in the first place. I always remember quickly after spending any amount of time with Scott. He has always been a natural fit for me--he is so fun and makes me laugh constantly. He has been a terrific husband and father over the past 17 years and I'm so glad to share my life with him.

Happy Anniversary, my love! I'm looking forward to the next 17 and more!

2 comments:

  1. That was so sweet. You guys are a fantastic couple. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!

    You two are fantastic and fantastic together!!!

    Best wishes for even better times ahead.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete