Tuesday, April 23, 2002

An Unlucky Break!

Yesterday, Scott was out edging the lawn. Shaylie and I were in the house. I was working on the computer and heard a loud popping noise. I turned toward the window and it was completely shattered from bottom to top! (See pictures.) Scott and I couldn't believe it. We are assuming that a rock hit it, but since neither of us saw it, we don't know. It is very freaky. The guy came today to look at it and it is going to cost about $200 to fix. The deductible on our insurance in $250, so we are SOL with that. Oh well... we may also have to fix some shingles on the roof, since some of them are loose after the big wind storm we had last week. The joys of home ownership! I still wouldn't go back for anything.

2 comments:

  1. Your luck with glass lately is just amazing alright.....
    It is sort of pretty though..glad none of you were hurt...Love ya Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning,
    My gosh, that's a bummer, Just glad that Shaylie wasn't at the window, always, have something to be thankful for Huh. What a Shame, always, something to spend your money on Huh. I will see you on Friday, I'm excited!! Just wish I could wiggle my nose and be there. Went to the library last nite and got a tape, that helps to pass the time and keep my mind on something. You guys take care and BE SAFE! See you soon, do you need anything from the valley???
    Love to All. Mom J. XX for my girls. Grmama J.

    ReplyDelete