Wednesday, May 8, 2002

Pomp and Circumstance

The month of May is here and with it comes a litany of graduations. Congratulations to my youngest brother, Chad Strong, who graduated from Southern Utah University on May 4. He has a degree in Business and Information Technology (I think). Yea, Chad!

Next weekend, my sister-in-law Erin Strong, also graduates down in Phoenix. She actually finished her teaching degree a while ago, but she is now participating in a much deserved commencement ceremony. My mom and sister are going down to celebrate with them. I wish we could go too, but Taylor is still in school and with my back (and a hundred other little reasons why) we won't be able to make it. We will be celebrating vicariously and we really are happy for Mike and Erin both!

My mom's sister, my Aunt Pam, just sent me an email announcing her candidacy for a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration which she will receive on May 11th as well. She has been working on this for a very long time. So congratulations to you too!

And finally... I just received my diploma from the Institute for Children's Literature. I have been recommended by my instructor for the advanced course but I don't know if that will be in my future. I have submitted a piece I wrote during the class to Highlights for Children and I got a note from them saying that they are considering it. I won't get my hopes up but at least something of mine is out there. I am excited to pursue this new avenue, and finally feel like I know what I am doing. Now, if anybody out there has any blockbuster ideas just send them my way....

Congratulations everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment