Friday, June 27, 2003

Summertime!

Well, the baseball season is over! Taylor did very well in her last game, she played 2nd base and got several outs. I don't know exactly how many but I'm sure her dad does. She also almost got a double play. She stopped the ball, tagged her base and threw it to 1st in plenty of time for the out, but the 1st base player wasn't paying attention. Go figure! So now, Baseball is over just in time for the celebrations for the Fourth.

We are staying in St. George for the Fourth of July weekend. There is always a lot to do here to celebrate. We usually head down to the "Fireworks" park, where they have all kinds of rides and games and booths set up during the day. At night, we camp out and enjoy the festive atmosphere until the fireworks are over,then head home to do sparklers and such. We will probably throw a bbq in there somewhere too! The only thing missing from the celebration is family, but unfortunately nobody wants to come down to the heat! Oh well!

Starting on the 11th, we are leaving for Idaho to visit my Dad. We haven't seen his place since they moved up there close to a year ago. We will spend a week there seeing the sights and visiting. Then the following weekend we are going to Grandma J's house, then home again. We are fast running out of summer since School starts on August 12th for Taylor this year!

We may still sign up for swimming lessons after we get home, but we'll have to see how it goes. Now that we have our pool to keep us cool, it's not as necessary to find wet spots around town. It's been nice!

We hope everyone is enjoying their summertime adventures. We will be glad to see our family up north, which is mostly everyone now. Have fun and see you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Great work Taylor in baseball, you have done great. Grandma J. got some fireworks in Wyoming that we can do when you come to visit. Nothing real big you know me I don't know what to buy, but Roxy's kids stopped and bought some on our way home so I also got ten or fifteen dollars worth. Be careful driving up to Idaho, I imagine you will be here on Friday the 18th. I will probably have to work some days when you are here but that's ok you guys can do things. Maybe, I can take a day of vacation to.
    Nothing much going on been busy today showing and lease signings, kinda discourging, you rent one and get another move out notice. I can't blame people for buying homes or condo's with the rates so low. Well, my dears take care, be safe and My Love and Prayers, Mom J. XX For my girls

    ReplyDelete