Sunday, January 9, 2005

Snow, new Carpet, floods

A busy weekend :) Friday we had a SNOW storm! The storm was so bad that they closed the freeway between Cedar and St. George. That delayed the carpet layers that were coming down to install the new carpet in the employment center. They were supposed to arrive at noon, they didn't get there until 8:00. However, these guys were great. They were laying carpet by 9:00! They were completely finished Saurday night! They had to work under the cubes even, it was amazing to watch.

Back to the snow, Shaylie had a great time and Taylor walked home in it. They were both excited. The snow lasted till that night. It is really neat to look at the mountains all around us and see them covered with snow. On KSL weather, before that snow storm, Mark Eubank said that we have more snow pack right now than we normally get for the year, so we are very wet. From drought to flood in one year!

Taylor, Shaylie and I went for a drive today. We went up on top of the hill and saw that the river was up to the edge of the bike trail, so that is a little scary. Tonight they say the river is going to rise 6 feet more in Hurricane, I can't imagine what that much water will do down here. I don't think the bike trail will be usable for a while ;)

I also cleaned up my downstairs server room in the employment center. I was able to get the three servers onto one table instead of two and I put them on my KVM switch so now I only have one monitor. It looks a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment