Saturday, January 1, 2005

Happy New Year!

We had an eventful trip up to Cedar City for new years. We were driving along, passing a semi, and our right rear passenger tire blew off. I got the car slowed down and stopped in the emergency lane on the right side. All that was left of the tire was a couple of inches of the sides, the tread was completely gone. Tonya and I put the donut on and we slowly drove the rest of the way (about thirty miles) We made it ok and got a new tire at Rolling Rubber, no more Wal-Mart tires for us!

We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express that night, Roger and Pam had the room across from us and we had the New Year's Party there. We went swimming in the indoor pool and spa. Unfortunately, Tonya got really sick and had to go to bed. Also, Taylor and Shaylie fell asleep, so I was the only one in my family awake for the ball dropping.

Taylor woke up very upset that she missed it. We went downstairs and had breakfast and then watched movies and played games all day. Tonya started feeling sick again so we headed home, fortunately the trip home was uneventful.

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. HI, My gosh, when I read your email about the tire my heart was pounding like crazy. That is my biggest fear anymore, thank God for keeping you guys safe.
    I never heard the New Year come in at all, was very quiet around here, no noise. On New Year's Day I went to mass and then Mom and I went out to that track area across from Jerry's old place. Jerry was helping with the chariot races, he rides a horse along side the team with a lead rope after and before the race. Was fun but we seen a guy get hurt really bad, something broke on the chariot harness, one of the horses had to be put down and the man had to life flighted to the hospital. The life flight landed right back of our car. Was scary.
    Did the girls get to go out and play in the snow, was their that much? They made a big thing about snow in St. George. It has been rainy, snowy and windy since Christmas.
    Well my dears, hope this finds Tonya feeling better and everyone else well and back to school and your busy life. Mom and I watched the dvd of the girls, Mom really enjoyed it as well as I did. Take care and My Love and Prayers, MomJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to watch the video! Several people have had problems with it. I went a asked someone who makes DVD videos for a living and she said that they experience the exact same problem.

    ReplyDelete