Saturday, October 15, 2005

So Busy...

...and sometimes, I really hate my job. I have spent the last three weeks on the phone with tech support and State ITS and out of my office trying to get the video conference fixed. It has been so frustrating because I have been doing so much without getting anything accomplished (Everyone seemed to think it was someone else's problem). Then the worst thing happened yesterday. My boss, who barely even knows who I am (he has said "hello" to me last christmas and that is the only time he has talked to me in the last two years) writes an email to my supervisor telling him to tell me to get off my *** and work on the video conference equipment. Even my supervisor blew up about that. Oh well, I guess this is going to happen, as he never stays in touch, but I wish he would have talked to someone in the know, before he flew off the handle. I am going to start collecting letters of recommendation from a lot of the people I work with and send them up to my boss as an introduction to me.

In other news, on Monday there was a massive denial of service attack directed at the state. The shocking thing was, it was directed at the Novell Servers (these attacks usually go after microsoft) It was causing most of the servers in the state to reboot every few minutes. Once I got that problem solved, it was back to the video conference problems.

We had a printer that would stop printing after about an hour. After pulling it ompletely apart, including the motherboard and hard drive and NIC card, it still didn't work, but at least it gave a error message as to what was wrong. I eventually fixed that, but it needs a new nic card (I took one out of an older printer). The cool thing is, I got HP to replace the broken NIC card free even though it is out of warrently. I can be so cool :-p

I am at work today, even though it is Saturday, becuase I need to put server pack 4a on all the file servers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Just got home from the spagetti dinner, I was on to do garlic toast, that was easy enough, was tasty. Gee, I think the pictures are great, of all three of the ladies in the house hold. Was another beautiful fall day, my flowers still have not froze so they still look so pretty, Mom said I should take them out while the weather was nice but they are to pretty. I went up to the unniversity hospital Thursday nite till nine, my little Jose passed away that evening, felt so bad, such a sweet little man, he was special to me, will really miss him. On Friday, I went out to Gardner Village to see all the Halloween witches, really cute, got the girls each a decoration for the Christmas tree.
    Well, my dears, my feet hurt so going to soak them. Start of another week.
    Take care, be safe and My Love and Prayers, Mom J.


    XX For my girls

    ReplyDelete