Monday, October 31, 2005

Busy Week Past...

We have had a fun and busy week. It seems like there is always something going on at the Jesienouski House. Scott posted about the big Halloween surprise party for Taylor. That was a hoot! I have Taylor on video as she is coming in the door, I could watch that everyday!

On Tuesday, we had our Young Women Halloween Party and I dressed up like a witch. We had fun with the 12 & 13 year old girls in my class.

On Friday night, Taylor went with her Girl Scout troop to Kanab for a Halloween sleepover party. They had a great time decorating pumpkins, going on a goblin walk and basically just having fun! Shaylie slept over at Aunt Anissa's house, since Scott and I had a "grown-up" party to go to that night.

My friend, Stephanie Sabaitis and her husband Shayne, invited us and two other couples over to play a Murder Mystery game. Scott and I played brother and sister and I was certain that HE DONE IT. But in the end it was the Banker. Oh well. It was a blast.

Saturday night we had our annual Trunk or Treat at the church. I am always gung-ho for this activity and as we won last year for best trunk, the girls were hounding me to do something good again this year. I decided to do a "Un-Fortune Teller" Booth. I dressed up as Madame Yasmina and gave the kids bad fortunes as they came into my booth. "Your armpits will soon be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels." "Your nose will grow great long hairs that refuse to be cut." I spoke with a thick accent and many of the kids (and parents) didn't recognize me. It was so much fun! But, alas, I didn't win. I think they didn't want to give it to me two years in a row. (That's my story anyway.) But, I was having so much fun in my booth, that I didn't even go around and see what anyone else had! Dang! So I didn't see what the winning car had on me.

Yesterday, it was the Jesienouski show at church. Scott taught the fifth sunday combined EQ/RS lesson on Internet Safety and the new Ward Web Site. I had my lesson in Young Women. Taylor had a talk in primary. And both the girls performed in the annual Primary Sacrament Meeting. Then Scott had interviews with his home teaching guys. So it was a crazy day...especially for a Sunday.

Today we got the girls all costumed up for the Halloween Parade at school. Shaylie is the cutest ladybug ever and Taylor was a spider witch complete with pet spider. In Taylor's class, they played Fear Factor and the kids had to face such gross challenges as digging through worms to find a spider ring, eating baby food (green peas), eating mustard flavored kipper snacks and putting their feet in Ice Cold Water for 30 seconds. It was a riot watching the kids try to down the fish and the baby food, in fact...I was surprised to see that the baby food was the hardest for them to eat.

Tonight, we are having Anje and Anissa, and possibly Bella & Chad, come over to trick or treat. We still have to rig up the Spider outside to attack the innocent children as they come to the door. I'm sure that I will have more to post after the goings-on tonight. I hope everyone has a safe and fun Halloween.

(PS- Happy Birthday to Rose Jesienouski and Ashton Strong. We love you!)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you all had a terrific time. Wish I could of made it.
    Holden celebrated Halloween and told everyone not to trick or treat on Monday but to do it on Saturday. I thought Monday was very boring and didn't seem like Halloween at all. I would of liked some trick or treaters.
    Miss having kids around. Oh well, maybe the next time it falls on the weekend. Love to you all. We are making assignments sort of for Thanksgiving there will be about 20 I think. It should be fantastic..love family thanksgivings. Let me know if you have questions. Ill write more on my blog...Love again....bye

    ReplyDelete