Monday, October 24, 2005

2 Weeks down, 7 to go

Taylor and I are now beginning our third week of training for the Einstein 5k race in February. The first week, we ran 60 seconds and then walked for 90 seconds for a total of twenty minutes. Last week we ran for 90 seconds and then walked for 2 minutes for a total of 20 minutes. This week we will run 200 meters, walk 200 meters, run 400 meters, walk 400 meters, and do that all again twice. By the end of nine weeks, we should be able to run 3.5 miles. We are following the couch-potato to 5K running plan. Hope we survive :-)

We had a surprise Halloween party for Taylor on Friday. Tonya invited all the girls in the immediate area that were her age so that hopefully she can make some new friends. I took Taylor and Shaylie to the park while the last minute setup occurred and kids arrived. Taylor thought she was going over to Shaylie's house that night, so when she got home, it was a big surprise! They painted pumpkins, then watched a scary movie outdoors (We hung a bed sheet off the trampoline for the screen. After that they played games till midnight. It was a very fun evening.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I just wanted to let you know that Krissy is planning on bringing Bella to the Trunk or Treat thing on Sat. You need to let her know when to show up. I have to work that night so I won't be able to make it down that way. Love to all, Chad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conratulations on the training & setting such a great goal together. Sounds like a great party. I am so glad that we get to hear about via your website. Love to everyone from Papa & Gramma Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Thanks for the Halloween card, that's the way I felt this week, I think the last few years I have felt the way that gal felt in the card. Ha
    Hey sounds like you guys are doing good on the program, Scott and Taylor will be able to run the miles soon, keep it up.
    Sounds like a great party for Miss Taylor, a greet surprise huh sweet pea. Leave it to your mom to have fun things for you girls.
    Tomorrow Gladys and I are going to the live musical play of Little Women at the Capital theater. Some friends had tickets and they went to Hawaii to see their son so they gave me the tickets so I asked Gladys to go with me. I'm excited, people that have seen it says it is really good, tickets were almost fifty dollars a piece.
    I've had a busy day, Mom and I went and got our flu shots this morning. I showed several times also rented a couple units so now I'm ready to call it day after I walk a couple miles on my tread mill.
    Take care, be safe and My Love and Prayers, Mom J.
    XX For my girls

    ReplyDelete