Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Back on the Swim Team!

Good news!  I talked to Taylor's swim team coach over the weekend and she felt like it would be worthwhile for Taylor to come to practices even though she is in a sling still.  Today was the first practice and Tay did okay.  She was not her usual graceful self in the water but she did very well considering she only had one arm.  I think it might help her just to be there and hear the instruction and, for sure, to exercise.  She is very determined and I think her coaches were impressed.

We had a fun weekend in Holden.  We helped Grandma and Grandpa Heath clean out there garage so that there would be less stuff on the floor to trip on.  Grandpa's workbench and hardware all got organized and put away.  It was big work (especially since the cousin's didn't show) but it was a fun time and worth it, because now Grandpa can spend more time puttering out in the garage.  Bobbie and Tiffany and Misty were all down visiting too, so we got to spend some time chatting with them and also with Polly.  We went up to the cemetary and put flowers on all the ancestors graves. Taylor spent a good part of the day four-wheeling.  She and Jordan (Tiffany's little girl) went out by themselves and ran out of gas, so I had to do a rescue mission. She wasn't even supposed to be riding but she loves those four-wheelers and she is very stubborn when she determines to do something...as most of you readers know.  All was well and our trip home was super quiet and uneventful as the girls slept the whole way home.

Today I am watching Bella for Chad. Krissy was supposed to bring her at 6:00 this morning so I dragged my tired self out of bed about 6:10 when Scott left for work.  I dozed in the recliner while I was waiting, but Krissy hadn't brought her by 7:00 so I gave Chad a call.  When Krissy & Bella showed at 7:30, she said Bella couldn't wake up and she didn't know why Chad told me 6:00....but he told me that she said she needed to be into work early this morning. I guess she was confused.  Anyway, the girls are all having tons of fun....but I could sure use a nap! Not much chance of it with all the screaming going on....

Hope everyone is having a great start to the summer.  That's all from our little corner of the world.  More updates later.  Love to all....

2 comments:

  1. Just got back from picking dead flowers off of the plants over at the church and watering the pots, sure was hot, now I'm trying to cool down.
    Went to the Vincentino's breakfast this morning at Maria Calendars, was a really nice breakfast, like a buffet type, awful good food.
    Not much else going on just work, did take the bus to Wendover last Sunday, was a fun time, a chance to get away for awhile and just forget things.
    Taylor, you are one tough cookie, so proud of you, not afraid to do things. Hang in there. When are you guys coming to the Lagoon, would like to get down there and see your new house and of course, you guys. Don't want to interfer with your plans tho.
    Take care and My Love and Prayers, Mom J. XX For my girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're coming up to Lagoon this weekend, the 11th & 12th...staying at the campground Sunday and Monday nights. Have to be back Tuesday for swimming....Come visit anytime.

    ReplyDelete