Saturday, June 16, 2007

Sunburned!!

I took the girls to the City Pool on Thursday and came home with the worst sunburn I have had in many years.  I put on some lighter spf sunscreen that we've had for a few years, thinking it would do the trick.  I didn't realize that it would lose ALL of its effectiveness once it had aged.  I haven't been able to move much or sleep comfortably and it doesn't seem to be getting much better as the days pass.  I'm sure I'll be living with the effects for some time to come.  I'm such a baby...but it hurts. Wah. 

The girls are having a good summer.  Now we are starting to get in gear for GS camp.  I've got most of Tay's stuff from previous years, but there are a few things yet to gather....bug spray, for one.  She goes through it like perfume up there.  I always expect her to come home glowing in the dark. 

Shaylie is missing all of her friends from school.  The little girl across the street that she usually plays with hasn't been home much, she's either at daycare or at her dad's. So we've had to scrounge for friends.  We've even been to visit our old neighborhood a couple times.  And she's always ready to make friends at the park or pool or wherever.

We had our annual ward breakfast and water party this morning at the Splash Park near our house.  It was yummy and much more fun this year, since we know people now.  I was very protective of my sunburn so I didn't get wet, but the kids and Scott had a blast with water balloons and toys.  Taylor even had one of the dads dump a big cooler of ice water over her head when she wasn't looking.  It was totally awesome! :-)

More posting to come...Love to all! Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment