Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Fun with Friends

We had such a great time last night!  Our friends, the Terry's, invited us and our other friends, the Seifert's, up to their family's Pine Valley cabin to get out of the heat of the day.   (The Sabaitis family was supposed to come too, but they couldn't make it and we missed them.)

We had so much fun!  Dallin saddled up some horses and Taylor took to it beautifully, after her dad showed her the basics.  She was a little nervous at first but by the end of the day she was confident enough to take her sister for rides.  Her friends Kaitlan and Emily picked it up pretty quick too.  It was fun to see all three girls riding around on the horses.  Shaylie wasn't so sure if she liked it or not.  She was happy to go off on the four-wheeler with her mom, even though I kept finding the hardest trails imaginable.   We had a yummy barbecue and roasted marshmallows for S'mores. 

When it came time to go, Taylor talked me into letting her stay up overnight and Shaylie wasn't happy that she didn't get to stay too.  I wish she could have but it would have been too much trouble to dump both the kids on Julie when I couldn't stay with her.  So after some tears and apologies to our hosts, we came on home. 

The only downside to the whole night was my BDV (big dumb van).  I tried to take it up the mountain and it overheated so I sent the girls ahead with Julie and Amy and I took it back to the shop.  Scott and I drove up in the Toyota a bit later.  They had to replace the thermostat, which was actually broken into parts when they took it out, and replace the coolant.  I'm crossing my fingers that this is the last repair we have to make for a very long time.  BDV!

More summer adventures to come I'm sure...post again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys need to be in the market for a new car....just like the rest of the family. hah

    ReplyDelete