Sunday, July 29, 2007

I'm in the running...

I did it.  I applied for the ETS job at Dixie College.  I turned my application in on Thursday and got a letter on Friday that said it may take up to three weeks to complete the process.  (It also told me that my app was missing a cover letter, but I am 100% positive that it was there.  I left several messages with the HR office but never heard back.  I think I'll take another cover letter by the office tomorrow just to be on the safe side.)  I am very excited.  More than I thought I would be.  I just want to get started.  In my mind, the hiring process is just a technicality...the job is already mine.  I will take it very hard if they take someone else.  :-(  

Shaylie and I are headed to camp this week.  I am excited to go with her...this is her first year and she is really looking forward to it.  I am worried about the weather though, the forecast calls for rain and thunderstorms.  We have a cabin though, so at least we'll sleep dry.  I'm looking forward to the cooler weather.  I'll just have to make sure to pack lots of layers and rain ponchos for us both.   I just hope we can make it to the waterfront at least once. 

When we get back, my next project is planning a birthday party for Shay.  I haven't even thought of it yet.  I usually have everything all ready to go by now, but this summer has been so crazy.  Shay hasn't been very helpful either, she usually has a theme picked out by the previous birthday, but not this year.  Poodles.  She did say something about poodles.  I'll have to think of something. 

Then school starts.  This summer has gone by so quickly.  Taylor is getting nervous.  She went to the mall the other day with her friend, Shaylee, and came home with the cutest school bag and outfit.  I was impressed with her shopping ability.  She is really concerned with the newness of it all.  She'll be fine once she knows what to expect.   Her registration day is on the 8th of August...I'm hoping we can tour the school and see where all her classes are so at least that isn't a big mystery.  I remember so well.

Scott is doing some work on his train room.  He's got a door that needs to be installed and he's going to put in a ceiling fan for cooling.  Our plan is to get a/c to that room somehow so that he can work out there comfortably and I can have some food storage.  I told him that I want his trains to be able to fetch my canned goods and rail them into the kitchen by remote control.  I shouldn't have said that though, because I immediately started seeing the wheels start turning in his brain.  Oops. My bad.

Well, wish us luck with everything.  I will post again with more info...Love.

3 comments:

  1. Not one mention of your DS....I'm a little ashamed. :( I expect your DS to get its own post WITH pictures. j/k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her brain is now too young to post a note on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess so....Just another case of video games ruining the minds of the....um......er......"young".

    ReplyDelete