Friday, February 29, 2008

Busy couple of days

Wednesday night I went to work and installed software on 50 computers.  I had forgotten how much work that is.  Then the next morning, I had to train everyone on how to use the software. After that, I drove to Puragtory (insert joke here) to the Utah Tax Commission to do a good relationships tour and set up their conference room for a training.  After driving all the way back, I get a phone call saying that someone in Adult Probation and Parole (APP) has spyware on the computer and it can't be removed remotely. Guess where APP is, yes you guessed it, Purgatory!  I drove back there and it took over an hour to get that off. I really do believe in capital punishment for virus and spyware writers. In fact, nasty capital punishment, because that would scare off anyone else.

Today, the state is installing a new T1 in my building.  Hopefully that will speed things up at my building, as I have been feeling like my home connection is faster than work.  Plus this should speed up my other building as it will take us our of their circuit.  Eventually, they will get one as well, but unfortunately not today. 

Tonight Taylor has her first soccer practice (her first game is tomorrow, last season we probably had over 10 hours of practice before the first game) She is not on the same team as last year, so she is fairly upset that she knows no one on her team.  I hope that he at least teaches the defense the offside trap, I have a feeling that Taylor is going to be able to prove herself as a goalie this season, she may be VERY busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment