Thursday, May 22, 2003

Game #1

We had our first game last night, it went ok for the team. I wish I could watch the game more, being pitcher is hard because you can't watch the game as a fan. Being first base coach last year was the best, because you got to be where the happy kids were because they just got a hit. Now the time I see them, they are nervous trying to hit my pitches. Some of the kids ran to first base and just kept running straight, a few kids on both team could not find 2nd base, but that was ok. Now for the big news: TAYLOR GOT A TRIPLE PLAY!!!!! She caught a fly ball, was standing on second base, so the kid on second basewas running with the hit, so he was out, Taylor threw the ball to first and that boy was out! It was so great!!!! I ran out and high-fived her there. That was a great moment.

This morning was the first-grade pancake breakfast. A few parents brought grills and I helped cook pancakes! (Yes me) By the end, I was actually doing pretty well. All four 1st-grade classes were out there, so we had a lot of kids, it was pretty fun. Afterwards, all the kids were going around getting signature books signed.

1 comment:

  1. Hey way to go Taylor, that's good playing, keep it up.
    What are you doing for Memorial weekend, Grandma is sick, so I'm going to the ceemetary tomorrow and put up the flowers and then I will go to mass there on Monday morning and just take it easy.
    I will have to try and get down to see one of Taylor's game, how long does that go on??
    You guys take care and be safe
    Jerry and Terry are in Vernal again for a horse show, so with Grandma sick, I was glad you guys were not coming, she is no fun to be around when she is sick. I would have loved to have you but you know my problem. Take guys be careful and My Love and Prayers,
    Mom J. XX For my girls.

    ReplyDelete