Friday, July 1, 2005

Every five years whether it needs it or not...

I cleaned out my pantry today. I found baby food and items that I had in there almost five years ago. I also took out about 1500 WalMart bags. I don't know why I was storing these...probably thinking they would come in handy for some project or something. It is really amazing how much stuff could fit in that tiny closet. I am taking a big load to DI (in the "new" van)!

Speaking of which...I took it in yesterday to get the transmission serviced. The guy said it looks pretty good and there wasn't anything there or in the engine that looked worrisome. So that was a good thing. I've been in for an oil change and I may want to go get a tune up before we head up to Salt Lake. The only thing that has bothered me at all is that I went out to drive yesterday and it took me three times to start it up. Yikes. But we hadn't driven it at all the day before so maybe it's tempermental that way. I hope that is all. The WalMart invoice says they checked the battery and it was good....

I'm looking forward to getting away from St. George for a while. The smoke is crazy from the fires. I am getting a little stir crazy too, with all of Shaylie's friends over all the time. I'm beginning to feel like the neighborhood babysitter. It's good for Shaylie to have friends though, I guess. Taylor's friend Shaylee is in California this week so she has been playing with some of her other friends. She only has about 3 girls that she really enjoys. Our Shaylie was invited out to dinner by the family of one of her friends--Garrett--and last night they went to the Pizza Factory. That was fun for her. She said she only ate one....I took that to mean "one pizza" since she loves it so much. This weekend she has a birthday party at the house of the same friend.

Shaylie has decided on a party theme for her birthday. Puppies. "The Dog" specifically...except for I might mix and match a bit. I found some fun party games and activities. She is inviting both boys and girls so it is a good theme. It was funny though, she asked me how old she would be if she had a puppy birthday. I think since we talk about her Ladybug birthday and her Unicorn birthday, she thinks that you have to have a specific kind of party to turn that age. Does that make sense?

Anyway, the summer is going by quickly. I am excited for school to start already...

No comments:

Post a Comment