Monday, August 15, 2005

First Day of School

We got the girls off to school today....well, Taylor anyway...Shaylie has her pre-assessment with her teacher today at 3:45 but we got her ready and walked to school with Taylor for a practice run. We took a peek at the classroom and saw her teacher in the hall to say HI!

Taylor seemed kind of shy on her first day! Hard to believe....but I think it will take her all of two minutes to find her comfort zone. There were quite a few kids in her class that she has known from other grades, but several new ones too. Mr. Judd was very nice, complimented Taylor on her hair. I could tell he was excited for the first day too.

Grandma J. left this morning before school started. She wanted to get on her way before the storms, and school starts a bit later this year, so she didn't get to come with us to the first day. But, we sure enjoyed having her here for a visit. It was a fun birthday weekend! We got to see Bella, Grandma Dawn, and Anje and Anissa, as well. Thanks to everyone for helping to make Shaylie's birthday so much fun!

I start my New Job sometime this week. I will find out exactly what and when tomorrow at a meeting with the principal, and a couple other coworkers. I found some cool websites that we may be able to use and a few posters and decorating things that I hope I will have a budget for...if not I may have to wait to decorate until after my first paycheck comes (or just use my wonderfully creative mind.) I also need to find a babysitter for Friday mornings. I need to find out exactly what my schedule will be before I can make any definitive plans.

So there is a lot on the table right now. ... Thank Heaven! I was so worried I wouldn't have anything to keep me busy once school started....(Hah!)

No comments:

Post a Comment