Friday, September 2, 2005

Labor Day Weekend

I can't believe it is already Labor Day! This summer went by so quickly. We now have two weeks of school under our belts. I am enjoying my new job...the kids are all really great and it is fun and challenging to come up with computer schedules and lesson plans. Starting next week, I will be teaching the kids keyboarding. I don't know exactly what but it will be nice to have a structured plan once I get going. I have my lab decorated in a Jungle theme. I have had many good comments about how cute it looks, including from the old computer teacher. I will have to post pictures when I can take the camera to school. I am looking very forward to this long weekend. As a working woman now, I am finding days off very valuable. I can't believe how tired I have been, since I've started. I find it mentally very stimulating and physically exhausting....I LOVE IT!

We had a very good SEP conference with Taylors teacher on Wednesday. He was very supportive and encouraging to Taylor. I think that she will do very well there this year. Now if only Scott and I could figure out how to get things under control at our house...she is definitely in her tweens, and I don't think Scott and I are handling it very well sometimes. We are learning as we go...

We also went a little crazy last week and went on a big shopping spree. Of course we don't have any money....hence the CRAZY part. But we were in need of a new living room arrangement (and my sister is in need of our old sofa) so we went to the Boulevard and bought a new sofa, loveseat, and big comfy chair for me...It comes on Tuesday and I'm very excited.

Everyone who hasn't been to visit in a while...now you can have a new excuse....soft comfy new furniture. We'll expect you very soon...

Well, I will try to post a little more often. I know it is no fun when there are no new posts to read...the beginning of the school year is always very hectic and crazy, but it should start to smooth out from here on in...talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment