Friday, January 20, 2006

Staying Home

As much as I wanted to go to the train show, I think we need to stay home and work on stuff here, namely, my train set. I am going to try and get the lumber to build mine into a table. I have worked out the track layout I want to have; It will hold 5 trains with 2 running at the same time. I am pretty excited about it.

I joined the local model train club. It looks like it is going to be fun. I went to one of the guy's house and you can't believe the train set he has. It is in the storage room of his garage. It is on three levels and it goes everywhere. He even has track wrapped around his water heater to get from one level to another! I'm sure that he had at least twenty trains set up on it and several more on shelves. His engines where computer programmed, so he can run several trains on the same track. I don't think I will ever be to that level (for one thing, I would never spend that much money on anything)

If all goes well, I will have pictures up of it later...

No comments:

Post a Comment