Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Last Week!

This is my last week at school.  Shaylie is off this week, so yesterday she went to her friend Rebecca's house (Thank you Rosie!) And today she is with me here at school.  I'm sure we have enough stuff to keep her busy for today, but I'm pretty sure she'll be bored before long if she comes any more days.  Tomorrow, I am watching Bella too...but I don't think Bella will stay at school very long with me.  I was already planning on taking the last hour of the day to go to Shaylie's Post-assessment with Mrs. Sewell. 

Shaylie is sad to have school end.  She wants to go to first grade tomorrow and is having a hard time understanding the concept of Summer Break.  I'm sure she'll get it soon.  I still haven't signed her up for swiim lessons, so I need to do that...I've been so busy it seems.

Today, we had the exterminator out to the house to get rid of a nest of BEES we had living in a pipe in our house. Or at least we thought it was in the pipe, it turns out that it is actually in between the stucco and the framing, I guess.  He has sprayed (and charged me a huge price) and said let's watch and see what happens.  He mentioned peeling away the stucco but I am avoiding that if at all possible.  I suggested that we just put some kind of smaller screen over the exhaust pipe where they are getting in...if there is no reason why we can't just leave the nest in there.  I just don't want the bees coming and going.  He thought it might be worth a try, but he'll probably charge me another arm for doing it.  I could have done all this myself...Grrr.  Oh well...I guess I didn't have the Bee Suit, so that is worth something.

I, myself, am looking forward to summer.  As always, it will be a challenge to keep the girls busy but it is always a fun time to spend together.  We usually plan out some projects at the beginning and this year the girls will have swim to look forward to as well.  We also want to plan some fun activities with our friends and their families.

We hope everyone is doing well.  We love to hear from you....both on your Blogs and on ours.  Keep us posted....and keep posting.  Talk to you again soon.

1 comment:

  1. This year has gone really fast for me too.. hopefully the summer will go slower. I only have one conference this summer for a couple of days.
    Richfield is the exotic place.....I definately need a vacation this year. Last year I tended kids and had Anissa and Anje and was helping ANissa look for a job ... Summer went fast...
    I still want the kids, We'll have to decide all the schedules....
    Lagoon is the Monday after my conference...What ever day that is. Right?
    Then Anissa has her conference the next three days.
    Time does fly....Doesn't look like were going to Midland/Lubbock. It is Pam's 50th and I wanted to go and do something with her....May have to be later.
    We were thinking about that. Still a little undecided...If not I was thinking Mt. Rushmore......I'm going to start and see a little of the States. I think that will be fun, and pretty close. Everyone else all most has seem them.

    Nola said they stayed in a little cabin and it was just fun, fun.....Anje wants to see the ocean and I wouldn't mind that either. It's been since Chad was 4 . that I was at the beach....
    Tell Shaylie not to be too upset schools out. This she will learn eventually. You always have fun things for the girls to do in the summer.
    Tay told me about the bees. The same day there was a story on the news about another house having huge amounts of bees in theirs. I was hoping it wasn't as bad as that one. Thought she handled everything very well.
    Kept Shay away from them and all.


    Loved the train picture. Thought at first it was Scotts layout for his train.

    Probley will be soon....Love to all.. Mom

    ReplyDelete