Monday, October 30, 2006

Happy Halloween!

I can't believe that Halloween has finally arrived....well, tomorrow, anyway...All our many activities went well last week.  I actually did get to do a Trunk or Treat after all...I reprised my black light Halloween Town. It was much easier to do the second time around.  Now that we've moved to a new ward, I have at least two more years worth of ideas to re-use...Yay!

Shaylie is having a Halloween Party at school tomorrow and the traditional costume parade...she still doesn't know what she wants to be...she's already dressed up twice and she had a different costume each time...which is also traditional.  I think Taylor must have a party too, but I haven't heard anything about it.  It will be hard to top last year's Fear Factor party they had...that was fun...Hopefully, we'll post pictures soon.

Taylor has been working hard on an Explorer Report this weekend.  She is reporting on Eric the Red and has put together an awesome PowerPoint to show her class...It has everything from graphics to music and sound effects.  She did a great job!  And she's very excited to turn it in today.  I'm very proud of her.

Scott did a lot of work on his train stuff this weekend...The mini-microscopic people are all painted and he and the club (especially Ralph) have worked out a lot of the bugs and kinks in the layouts.  The train show should go well with all the hard work they have put in.

I am getting ready for our big Primary program on Nov. 12th.  We have been trying to work out seating and practicing songs and parts.  Taylor has been assigned a talk on dressing modestly.  Shaylie has a smaller part, and she can't wait to take her new Book of Mormon to sing Scripture Power.  It's so fun to see the kids so excited to share their love of the gospel.  They have such big testimonies at such little ages. 

Love to everyone....It's my carpool week and the time change has given me enough extra time in the morning to update our blog, but I've got to get going....PAS

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your help.... The test said that on this test my IQ was 100.
    scientifically-tested formula...said I am a Linguistic Architect. Meaning I am brillant when it comes to language and words.I am very good at understanding things on a abstract level. (No surprise there)
    oh, I also understand math and science on a gut level:)....more surprises.
    OH, and the best, only 6 of 1000 people have this rare conbination of abilities......So How do I take that????:( love you all..your rarely intelligent Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have been unique....That's why we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What no Halloween pictures yet?.....Your Mother wants to see the costumes.....How about a little empathy here...Please.............Love you both ...Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Loved the pictures. Thanks for the great "HAPPY BIRTHDAY' DUET was the top of my day. Also thanks Scott for the phone call. Went out to dinner a couple times with friends and family for my Birthday. Got alot of very pretty cards so was a nice 64. EEK!!!!
    Took today off and went to a little retreat for Eucharistic ministers to the altar and the sick. Was great.
    Got my ironing done, now I'm going to the store and then I have alot of checks to get done. Sure nice to have three days off in a row.
    Take care, be safe and My Love and Prayers, Mom J. XX For my girls

    ReplyDelete