Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

We had a terrific Valentine's day!  Scott woke up early and surprised us all with presents and decorations all over the house.  The girls were so thrilled when they woke up to chocolate, teddy bears, and paper hearts plastered all over the house.---Not to mention my 3 lb. Solid Chocolate Heart. (I'll be eating it all year.) It was a great start to the day. 

Taylor took her masterpiece creation for her class Valentine Box contest and ended up winning!!!  It was a big project we had all worked on for at least two nights.  She wanted to make the biggest and best box...which apparently she did....since she won!!!

Shaylie had a terrific party in her class too.  She came home with lots and lots of sweets, but no declarations of love (thank goodness!) from the boys in her class....other than the prepackaged valentine wishes. 

Later in the evening, Scott took me to dinner while Taylor tended Shaylie & BB.  We had quite a wait to get into Red Lobster, so we went window shopping at Staples & Old Navy. Dinner was fabulous, a great Valentine's date.  (Ooops.  I was informed by Shaylie that calling it a date is "gross."  According to her, I should just say that we are "spending time together."  I was chastised many times yesterday for saying the D-word. )

I'm excited today to have my friend Bobbie coming down to visit.  She's coming tonight and staying until Saturday...We are going to visit the Parade of Homes and I get to show off my new house, since this is the first time she's been down since we moved.  

Another busy weekend ahead...but that's what keeps life exciting and amazing!  We'll post again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Nice talking to you Scott, Love the picture of Shaylie with the swan. Good Job girls on the cookie sales.
    I wasn't able to get on your page last week, tried today and here I am.
    The game was great last nite, they won by one point, we made out ok on the tracks, was a great evening, alot of fun. Would be nice to go all the time, Ha, to expensive, we had good seats, could see the floor great from all angles.
    Take care and My Love and Prayers, Mom J. XX For my girls

    ReplyDelete