Sunday, March 18, 2007

Stranded

My brother Mike and his wife Erin have been in NYC on a class trip with 23 of Erin's students from Arizona.  They've been snowed in and won't be able to get a flight out until Tuesday (they were originally scheduled to fly home on Friday!)  Tomorrow, they are going to make some signs and try to get on the Today show.  I'm recording it, just in case.  At least if they have to be stranded, it sounds like they're having fun!  Mike is supposed to start a new job in Denver on either Tuesday or Wednesday, but he has talked to his new boss and he completely understands that this is out of his control.  He'll have a good story to tell, at any rate.

We are all good...Scott is now up in SLC for Brainshare.  He'll be back Wednesday.  We'll miss him, but we'll be busy with GS cookies.  I am bound and determined to be done delivering this week!!!!  We still have over half the orders to go.  I am never doing this again!

Both the girls won their soccer games on Saturday.  Shaylie is much improved this year and it is very fun to watch them.  Hope some of you can make their games this season!

Blackberry is going in on Wednesday for the Big Snip.  I'm wondering if he needs to get a haircut first....he is pretty shaggy.  But I like him that way a bit.  I found some pictures that I like, I may have to take those in and request a style.  The surgery is an outpatient deal.  We're opting for the laser, because they say that the recovery time is shorter.  I hope he'll be okay...poor thing.  I'm sure he will. 

Spring has sprung here in St. George.  The blossoms and daffodils are out.  Leaves are sprouting and grass is turning greener everyday.  It won't be long before we have to crank up the old AC and set up the pool.  Years go by faster all the time. 

Love to all.  As usual, I've written a very long epistle, when I only meant to write a short note.  It was fun to visit Aunt Cheryl and let the girls get to know her a little bit.  Hopefully, they'll see her again at the Big Reunion in July.  Let us know how you all are doing...Post again soon!

5 comments:

  1. I did see Michael on the Today show. He was just a little head in the background, but it was fun to see him smiling and waving. (Yes, Mike was smiling & waving.) Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike and Erin decided to go to the today show, tomorrow Tuesday, so if you didn't see them that is why.. Tonya record tomorrow ok, I'll call..
    I called MIke he said that Erins sister was now in New York with another group from Phoenix and they might go see a broadway show. Mike wanted to see THe Lion King......Sounds like they are haveing a good tiime.They flew out two. The rest do go Tomorrow night.... If I have the facts straight. Love you all..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was him I saw....I'll have to check again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard the word little associated with Mike :)

    This trip has actually gone well. Sunday I was driving by Springville and saw a red and yellow stripe in the distance so I exited and went and took pictures. Got several pictures of 5005 and 5004, a couple other UR's where there but they were hidden behind some UP's. Monday I only had two classes, but they were both great! One showed you how to set up a linux computer to be a DVR. The other class showed you how to set up a firewall correctly so that you can have a web server at home. Then they showed you how to put live television on that server so that you can watch TV anywhere! Hope to get that setup soon :D
    Miss you Tonya, Taylor, and Shaylie. See you tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WEll, MIke , Erin and Chad are all back to the cities they hail from. Mike called me at about 11:00 pm ish and said they had just landed in PHOENIX...Chad called and he was driving through almost to Mesquite. ' It is nice to have them back in the West. I don't know about Mikes plans to Denver however.....Love you all.

    ReplyDelete