Tuesday, March 25, 2008

To her dismay...

They announced who would perform in the Talent Show today and Taylor made it!!!  She was smiling ear-to-ear and moaning at the same time..."Now I have to do it in front of the whole school!!!"  We are very proud of her!  More info to come...

Have I mentioned before that I somehow volunteered to help with my 20-year High School reunion?  My old classmate Kristine Dastrup (Beck) sent out an email and I responded that I'd be happy to help and now I am in charge of the Class Directory/Memory Book and I've put together a website (Check it out.) that we may or may not use...I haven't heard from Kris yet about that...but it's been kind of fun to get involved with this, even though I never thought I would be since I was never quite involved in high school when I was in high school.  Go figure.   Hope I'll be ready when the time comes...

Speaking of which, I've been trying to hit the gym consistently and yesterday I hit a record for me...30 minutes on the Eliptical CrossTrainer.  It wasn't that long ago that I could barely do 5 before I was gasping for breath.  My goal yesterday was 20 and at about 12 I was struggling, but when 20 came, I knew I could do 10 more...weird, huh?  Anyway, my ultimate goal is to be able to do 45 minutes and then I'll start upping the levels.  I'll keep you posted on progress.  I've actually lost about 10 lbs. since Jan. 1st...so yay me! 

Taylor and I also swore off sugar last week and we did pretty well...I really could feel the difference...the few times I cheated, the treats made me sick to my stomach....so I'm trying to do it again this week.  Breakfast is hard since I really don't like eggs that much....but it's a challenge to come up with things to eat.

I also went to the dentist (finally) about my jaw.  It's been stuck so that I couldn't open it for about 4 weeks, ever since I was eating pizza one night and it popped loudly and from that point on I couldn't close my teeth properly or open very wide.  I put off making the appointment because I thought for sure that the muscles would relax and everything would straighten out, but I finally got fed up and made the appointment...and, wouldn't you know...on the drive over to the dentist, I yawned and my jaw opened without a problem and my teeth lined up and everything seemed okay...so when the dentist looked at me there was nothing to see...They could tell that it had been messed up since it is still pretty swollen and the tests they gave me showed increased vibrations and clicking so I got a prescription for a steroid cream and anti-inflammatory and I have to stay off crunchy, hard food as much as possible probably forever, and continue wearing the splint I have at night and as often as I can.  Hopefully, it will all help.  If it gets worse over time, they can do shots, PT, orthodontics (been there, done that), etc....one step at a time.

Well, I've rambled on long enough.  Thanks for reading about the ups and downs of our lives.  Check in again soon for more exciting adventures.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Taylor, let me know when it is going to be....earilier the better......
    See you tomorrow. You can hang out with us....lunch and stuff... I think Mom wants
    to come right back and I do need to Grout......and put the bathroom together.. Oh yea and paint.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Congratulations, Taylor, wish I was close so I could come and yell for you.
    Loved your Easter egg , what does the number 20 come from???
    Hi to Shaylie, Tonya keep up the good work at the gym. Hi Scott
    Love and Prayers, Mom J. XX For my girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. 20 is the number of Tony Stewart in NASCAR Auto Racing.

    ReplyDelete