Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Last Week of School

Wow...summer is here! The school year always goes by so quickly. Shaylie brought her report card home yesterday and she got great marks! Tomorrow is her class party. She will walk with her class to one of the girls' home for a swimming party. She is also wearing her pajamas to school for self-expression day. They get to wear whatever they want for the last full day. It's kind of weird, I know, but fun and that's the thing.

Taylor is getting some kind of cold or allergies...but she felt better when she found out that she was one of two kids who were chosen to play the piccolo next year in Intermediate Band. She tried out last week and found the results today. She is very excited.

I am sending off the girls' camp registration papers tomorrow. Both Tay and Shay have two summer camps this year. I'm going to have to find something to keep busy while they're gone since Scott will be at work. I've been dreaming of taking some kind of trip, but I don't see that happening. We'll see...but for now I'm thinking I'll paint while the house is quiet.

I also heard from my dentist today about my TMJ workup, but it's too much to go into. Not that it's complicated, it's just too much (money that is) I can't afford the treatment unless he qualifies as a participating provider with my medical insurance which is doubtful since he is a dentist. I'll post more updates about this later.

Scott had a successful night last night with his train club BBQ. He and James were in charge and they did a great job planning. They had about 20 people there and the gentleman who hosted has a G-scale layout in his backyard. The kids loved it (and so did the grown-ups). I hope Scott will post some pics.

Love to everyone....post again soon.

3 comments:

  1. Well, school is over and I must say goodbye....I have not a computer to compute on.
    Actually I have a Computer Mike gave me one....I alas have not it hooketh upeth.....
    Wooah unto me......poor Mother..... so this is goodbye (unless I go to Greats House to compute.......I'll be seeing you ...Love to all...Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the J's

    Thanks for making us feel so welcome at your wonderful house. We had a great time bringing Bella down, getting to see Anje's performance, dinner with everybody and finding out what is going on in your lives now.

    Congratulations to Shaylie on a fantastic report card!!
    Congratulations to Taylor on becoming a piccoloist, there is no limit to your talent!!

    Love to you all from Papa & Gramma Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Congratulations girls on your good grades and everything else you two do that make people that love you so proud and appreciate having you in our lives.
    I'm planning on coming in July sometime, let me know what weekend is the best and if gas doesn't go any higher. Tonya, I had asked if I could buy Shaylie's dress for her baptism but I didn't hear anything from you, it is ok if you have something else planned that's ok. I had gotton Taylors dress for her and thought I would like to do the same for Shaylie. There are two stores up here called "Dressing in White"
    Glad to hear that your train party went good Scott. Are you all done with your work at school to Tonya???
    Take care and My Love and Prayers, Mom J. XX For my girls

    ReplyDelete