Monday, November 24, 2008

Drama in the 'Hood

It's actually very sad.  I had to call 911 today about a girl living across the street from us.  The kids and my next door neighbor actually saw her being abused by her older sister. I guess she came out of the house and her sister came out and started hitting her and dragging her back into the house, screaming all the time.  Taylor has told me that Olivia, the girl, has talked to her about how her family treats her.  I felt like I had to do something, even though there wasn't much to be done.  I called 911 and they took the details and my name and number.  A police truck came a bit later and they went in and came out, but I don't know how it ended up.  I'm definitely going to be watching out for Olivia from now on though.  I feel for her.

On a lighter note, you may have noticed that I am really into the new Twilight movie.  I saw it for the third time today with Taylor.  She really liked it too.  I haven't loved a movie so much since, "Dances."  So if you can't find me in the coming days, check the movie theater. 

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment