Monday, November 10, 2008

BYU Fans?


Scott and I had fun at the BYU game. It was the first time that either of us had been to a BIG college game. It's a very fun experience. I almost didn't accept the tickets because Scott has always been such a big Utah fan and very NOT interested in BYU. But my coworker talked me into taking the tickets and having a fun adventure. I didn't tell Scott about my doubts until after the game, and he was shocked! He said he is a BYU fan unless they are playing the U. I guess it's never too late to learn something new about your spouse. 

We both enjoyed the band...at half time, they did a medley of video game theme songs and marched in Tetris shapes and the color guard was locked in Mortal Kombat. It was a perfect day for football, just a little chilly in the shade, but a beautiful day!

While we were at the game, Taylor went to another tryout in Layton. It was a much bigger tryout (about 800 girls she said) and she got to show off some of her Goalkeeper skills. She was the only girl from Southern Utah so she was recognized for that. She felt much better about this tryout so I was glad she decided to go.


We had a good visit with my Dad and Pam. Shaylie had a good time hanging out and playing the Wii.  As usual, I forgot to take pictures, so I'm posting an older one just for fun. . .It's hard to believe how much the kids have grown. This is from 2001!

 

We're glad we got the chance to visit! Thanks for letting us stay and for taking the girls in hand while we went to the game. 

3 comments:

  1. glad you had a really good time at the ballgame. Glad Taylor did so well at her try outs. Does anyone know Mikes address I can't find it....Love you all.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming to stay. Please come regularly and stay longer. There is always room here and there may even be more new wii games.

    We are glad that you all had a good time, We had a fantastic time and can't wait to do it again.

    Love to you all.

    Here is Mike's address:
    4436 W Myrtle
    Glendale AZ 85301

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, That was a good picture of you Scott at the ballgame.
    Going to take Gladys and Bernie to tea tomorrow at the Grand America, had one of my tenants take me and was so much fun so thought I would do it for them for their birthdays.
    Are you going to Holden for Thanksgiving??? We are going up to Janet's, Jim is coming from ca.and Melissa and Ben are coming from Portland so should be a fun day. What are you doing for Christmas???
    The other manager is going to ca for a week at Thanksgiving time so I will be a busy camper over the week of the holiday.
    Not much for news. Love you guys much. XX For my girls Mom J.

    ReplyDelete