Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our Next President

It's a historic day for America! Barack Obama was elected president last night, by a landslide. He will be the first ever Black president! You know, I think it's kind of neat that our country has finally breached this barrier even though I won't be able to say that I voted for him.  I couldn't justfy it, personally...I just don't know how someone can be a really great president when he's only been a Senator for two years and for most of that time, he's been campaigning.  I think our country could have benefitted from McCain's experience. But...

It's done and he has to be better than the last democratic president we had.  I have decided to have a wait and see attitude.  He is very inspiring to people, at least the ones who aren't scared of him.  (I posted Shaylie's Scary Obama Story on my Random Bits page--That totally made me laugh, but I'm sure the kids must have been getting some of that stuff from parents and others who were buying into the Scary Obama rumors.) He seems to be able to lift people's hope and I really hope that he lives up to the expectations and proves the Anti-Obama people wrong!

I'm sure there is no way to tell, now, what kind of impact this election will have on the future. But it will be very interesting to see how things all come together!

1 comment:

  1. Been awhile since I logged on. Thanks for keeping us blogged. I loved all of the info, from Shaylies warts to classical music, from Taylor's soccer to Scott's trains. It helps us feel connected even though we are not with you.

    We are looking forward to the visit this weekend, especially having you all stay over, then the soccer in Layton, and just spending time with you all.

    Love, Papa & Gramma Pam

    ReplyDelete