Tuesday, February 19, 2002

What a weekend!

Wow! In addition to the toilets Scott mentioned (which I love, by the way....Goodbye clogged toilets!), we also did some major spring cleaning this weekend. Mom brought Grandpa Heath's truck down and we were able to clear out about two truckloads of rose bush cuttings, boxes, and other CRAP from around our house and garage. We then took another big load to D.I. And this was just the beginning...

After cleaning out the weeds and junk from the side of our house, I talked mom into helping me with another project I have been wanting to do. We are moving Taylor and Shaylie's sandbox to the south side of the house and turning their little corner sandbox into a garden spot. I am only making about half of the southside area a sandbox and then graveling the rest for a little storage area. I am not finished yet, because we didn't make it to the sand and gravel place until after they closed. But we got a good start on it.

Now Scott and I are dreaming about all the other stuff we can do to keep our house in good repair. We have to paint the fence, and the house exterior trim. We also want to repaint the inside of the house and eventually put in new carpet. We really want to expand the patio in the back yard and build an awning over it. But, unfortunately, and as usual, our dreams are bigger than our checkbook....so we will have to keep on trying one project at a time.

We hope all of you had a productive and fun holiday weekend! We hope to hear from you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning, Sounds like you guys have been busy, spring cleaning. Glad to hear you got your toilets in, how did that go, Knew the two of you can do it. Dad and I did alot of things, with his mind and my hands we got it done. Ha Maybe we didn't always sing while we worked but it all worked out ok.
    Yes, the bed and breakfast will be open for you on Sunday, will be great to see you. Sounds like you got your work cut out for you in Cedar.
    How are the girls doing, sure is nice weather wise down there, the bulbs will be popping through the ground if the weather keeps up like it is. Just think Taylor has almost one year of school done, can't believe how fast time goes. I bet Shaylie wants to be outside in the nice weather Huh.
    I'm dog sitting for a friend for a few days starting Sunday, the dog will stay at his house, but I have to go over and let it out and feed it. Couldn't say No but It will be ok. He has been alot of support for me during this past year and like to do something for him. He is a good and nice young man.
    Well, I best get myself going, another day at Sandpiper and I'm alone today. Take care and My Love and Prayers, Mom J.

    ReplyDelete